Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what needs to be decided soon is what it is we want?
By that I mean are we demanding the kick off is at a certain / day and if so what time.and what day? Be very difficult to please everyone of course.
My own personal view is to simply say "No. We don't care what day / date you change it to we simply have had enough of your greed, incompetence and disregard for match going fans and we are going.to give you something to think about." and let them watch the game with half a stadium.
They may even offer more tickets to Arsenal fans or give them away to fill the seats. But they will know what we've done and will give them food for thought
Agreed.

My view is that a return to this game being held at at the home of The Champions at 3pm on a Saturday is the minimum and ultimate objective.

It worked successfully for many years and was part of the tradition of the game.

Additionally, in the event of double winners they should have the choice of any global club.

Imagine City v Real Sociadad and David Silva for example.

It’s so easy, it’s their greed,arrogance, vanity and remoteness from the real world that prevents them from making sensible,rational and fair decisions.

Cunts to a boot.

1) Home of The Champions
2) Saturday
3) 3pm
4)Champs choose opponents in the event of winning double.

Now, that’s not too difficult is it !!

Agreed.

My view is that a return to this game being held at at the home of The Champions at 3pm on a Saturday is the minimum and ultimate objective.

It worked successfully for many years and was part of the tradition of the game.

Additionally, in the event of double winners they should have the choice of any global club.

It’s so easy, it’s their greed,arrogance, vanity and remoteness from the real world that prevents them from making sensible,rational and fair decisions.

Cunts to a boot.

1) Home of The Champions
2) Saturday
3) 3pm

You’ll have to add to the demands for the game not to be televised in the UK if Saturday 3 pm is non negotiable.

You also don’t seem to have taken into account that the champions might well not want to host a pre season game. It’s highly doubtful City would, for starters.

You’ll have to add to the demands for the game not to be televised in the UK if Saturday 3 pm is non negotiable.

You also don’t seem to have taken into account that the champions might well not want to host a pre season game. It’s highly doubtful City would, for starters.
The CFA or anywhere in the CFG.

Girona would be nice.

Not if all leagues went back to starting and finishing the same weekends.

The community shield would then return to being the league season curtain raiser before any football starts and the 3pm blacckout wouldn't ve active.

The fact they schedule the EFL to start the same weekend is also an issue and unecessary

Community shield, 3pm Saturday before any league games start in a venue equally distanced to the participants, though on the venue bit wembley has been traditional for near 50 yrs so the arguement to stay there is valid, but most of that time it was 3pm saturday and as such if they want to play it sundays at silly oclock the venue shoud be reasonable to both fan bases

makes it fair for all fans and TV accessible

Last edited:
Agreed.

Cunts to a boot.

1) Home of The Champions
2) Saturday
3) 3pm

It's been played at Wembley since 1974 - 49 years! Personally I feel it should be a neutral venue, but like neutral FA Cup semi finals, that ship sailed a long time back.

As someone above said, maybe City don't want to host it. Hosting concerts leaves a short time frame from the final concert to the opening home game of the season. I think that is why we are away first so often to give the pitch as much time as needed to be ready.

Also disagree with inviting an overseas team. It is the curtain raiser for the English season and should remain so. I don't have an issue too much about it being Wembley. But what is being done here is we are being asked to bend over and take one. Consult with fans. Look at the alternatives and listen to suggestions and then make an informed decision.

Not if all leagues went back to starting and finishing the same weekends.

The community shield would then return to being the league season curtain raiser before any football starts and the 3pm blacckout wouldn't ve active.

The fact they schedule the EFL to start the same weekend is also an issue and unecessary

Community shield, 3pm Saturday before any league games start in a venue equally distanced to the participants, though on the venue bit wembley has been traditional for near 50 yrs so the arguement to stay there is valid, but most of that time it was 3pm saturday and as such if they want to play it sundays at silly oclock the venue shoud be reasonable to both fan bases

makes it fair for all fans and TV accessible

Not been funny mate, but you want the whole football league calendar to be reorganised so that a pre season game can be shown on television?

Not been funny mate, but you want the whole football league calendar to be reorganised so that a pre season game can be shown on television?
no, and I never said that, I said that is why it isn't a 3pm sat, and only a realignment of the league calander will bring it back to sat 3pm and possibility of it being on telly then

Though why the efl has to start and finish a week before the premier league is a mystery

personally for me this frielndly doesn't need to be televised if doing so makes it scheduling difficult for participating fans, play it sat 3pm and to hell with it being on telly if necessary

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.