Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is clearly getting suitable publicity now, and that is before any ticket has even had a chance to be sold.

In short, any City fan that undermines this boycott really needs to have a word with themselves! Of course the selfish and weak willed, will find all manner of petty excuses to justify their attendance, but the reality is, that it will be for nothing more than self-interest and not the greater good of football supporters.
Away and lick your arse.

Who appointed you as the arbiter of what fans should do?

I am not going to Wembley because I have chosen not to travel for a pre-season friendly, not because some jumped-up would be dictator says so.

Away and lick your arse.

I am not going to Wembley because I have chosen not to travel for a pre-season friendly, not because some jumped-up would be dictator says so.
Here here well said mate

Away and lick your arse.

If you are not supporting this boycott then why are you even on this thread? It's clearly titled as 'Fans Plan to Boycott'.

Does that not give you an idea of what the sentiment is within the fanbase?

You will also find I didn't start the thread, but am merely supportive of its message, just like hundreds of others.

Incidentally even though I'm Catman, I can assure you I did try to lick my arse, but it was impossible.

If you are not supporting this boycott then why are you even on this thread? It's clearly titled as 'Fans Plan to Boycott'.

You will also find I didn't start the thread, but am merely supportive of its message, just like hundreds of others.

Incidentally even though I'm Catman, I can assure you I did try to lick my arse, but it was impossible.
Snorky is your man.

Cat? Well the first and last letters are correct. You think you have the right to tell City fans which games they can and cannot attend, now you want to tell City fans which threads they can and cannot read. Jumped up knobhead

Why would anyone want to travel to that shit hole to watch a meaningless pre season friendly and possibly spunk £300 in the process? . It’s madness. Especially when they’re taking the piss out of us by having it so late on a Sunday.

Fans should be standing together in solidarity. Unless we stick together, nothing will change.

Because they have eight more league games to play than the Premier League and then two weeks of play offs. So 11 extra dates to fit in games.
They sart the season a week before us and finish a week before us the play off semis are the final week of the prem and play off final the day after the FA Cup final

so the extra 8 games are already factored into a season that runs the same number of weeks as the prem the tradional spring bank holiday weekend of the 3 play off finals has been ditched because the Prem starts and finishes a week later so the FA cup is that weekend.

We know why the leagues are no longer aligned, so the TV can have 3-4 weeks of end of season drama with end of the ELF followed by end of the prem a week later then the play offs and cup final a qeek after that

All it does is mess around fans and cause unecessary scheduling of games to suit broadcaters

You are so right - when I was on the FSA committee we'd try and get campaigns going to help save a club or make them aware of an issue another club's fans were dealing with and it was the same.reply every time -
Fuck them (insert rags / scousers / cockney / brummie etc etc etc) twats.
The German's do it a lot. They will put down their rivalry and stand / march side by side demonstrating whatever issue.
Here the FA know we are too busy shouting "empty seats / dippers" at each other and waving inflatable European Cups at rival fans.
Twice fans have stood together and both times we got the result- Game 39 and the Euro Super League.

We can have it all, but how much do you wan'-it
I'd say 3 times - the TwentysPlenty campaign for cheaper tickets for away League games was successful too. Fans from every club in the PL came together on that one. Particular credit goes to the Liverpool and Everton fan groups for lobbying Scudamore and even Barclays who were a PL sponsor, and also to our very own DF from 1894 for coming up with the idea of a co-ordinated weekend of action across all Premier League fixtures which saw fans from all clubs take part.

They sart the season a week before us and finish a week before us the play off semis are the final week of the prem and play off final the day after the FA Cup final

so the extra 8 games are already factored into a season that runs the same number of weeks as the prem the tradional spring bank holiday weekend of the 3 play off finals has been ditched because the Prem starts and finishes a week later so the FA cup is that weekend.

We know why the leagues are no longer aligned, so the TV can have 3-4 weeks of end of season drama with end of the ELF followed by end of the prem a week later then the play offs and cup final a qeek after that

All it does is mess around fans and cause unecessary scheduling of games to suit broadcaters

I’ve never noticed if it’s the normal way with it been a funny World Cup year but the 3rd division play off final was the same day as the last Premier League game this year. The finals were spread out over two weeks. Presumably so they could all be played at Wembley.

But anyway, getting away from the point a bit. Whatever the reasons for the Football League calendar, I think it’s fair to assume that they’re not going to be of a mind to change it to fit in with the Charity Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.