Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charity/Community Shield was always held at the home of the League Champions then hijacked by Wembley for no particular reason. Needs to return to the original concept. A little bit of the money saved from the transport cost could be added to the ticket price and given direct to the nominated charities.

Why this game ? Simple.
There are no PL games so maximum publicity.
It is a show piece event so again max publicity.
Everything about the game itself is wrong, location, time and even the day.
To me the way they gave so little thought to fans is the reason. They don't care about us the lifeblood of football.
This is a protest about PL kick offs on a Monday/Friday night, 200 miles away. Moving a game with minimal notice because it clashes with something else. Being lied to, being shit on, being stuck on a bus for 2 hours. Everything. It is an ideal time to protest. Pep will play the kids and it will be treated as a friendly.
Yes it could be better organised but credit to Burton and others. They have done something I didn't do.
Thank you.

The evolution of this matter, which should’ve be largely unifying against a common enemy, has splintered into too many factions for an effective, high profile, BLACK FLAG BOYCOTT, to be effective.

Unfortunately the #nevertrblepool lot are much better at this kind of stuff and get more done.

I’m out now.

Thank you.

The evolution of this matter, which should’ve be largely unifying against a common enemy, has splintered into too many factions for an effective, high profile, BLACK FLAG BOYCOTT, to be effective.

Unfortunately the #nevertrblepool lot are much better at this kind of stuff and get more done.

I’m out now.
Before you go, 2 things.
You achieved more than most Blues by getting the wankers to respond and move the kick off.
Second, you weren't defeated by the FA or The PL, sadly you were defeated by Blues.
When we are playing a round robin 6 matches in the US to decide the Premier League champions, those Blues may regret it.

Charity/Community Shield was always held at the home of the League Champions then hijacked by Wembley for no particular reason.

Apart from when City played Villa at Villa Park Road in 1972 and Burnley at Maine Road in 1973. I don’t recall Villa winning the League in 1971-72 or City doing so in 1972-73?

Last edited:
The call for a boycott is because the FA wanted 30,000 City fans to fight their way back through the traffic at silly o’clock to appease ITV broadcasters.

The objective is clear. Kick up a fuss aboit the time and if City fans collectively hold their nerve and boycott the game it becomes a media storm. As we have seen this week.

Sunday at 4pm is still not enough for most Blues. 1894 have said through the media 3pm is a fairer time for travelling Blues.

If the authorities don’t pay heed to that and the turnout is a few thousand then everyone will just say we told you 4pm on sunday was no good.

Sure we as fans get games where we go to Southampton or Newcastle for a Monday 8pm kick off or whatever. There’s usually only 3,000 asked to travel so even though that’s a disgrace too the Traffic situation usually manageable for cars / coaches at least.

You have to start somewhere and with this being a glorified friendly they’ve not taken into account wembley fatigue for City fans and why on earth they would expect 30,000 to travel on a Sunday evening.

It’s the disdain the FA and ITV had for out fans is the problem and worth protesting against. If ITV felt a 7.45pm kick off at Wembley would attract an even larger tv audience they would schedule the game for then too.

It’s a chance to show fan power and flex muscles collectively.

The call for a boycott is because the FA wanted 30,000 City fans to fight their way back through the traffic at silly o’clock to appease ITV broadcasters.

The objective is clear. Kick up a fuss aboit the time and if City fans collectively hold their nerve and boycott the game it becomes a media storm. As we have seen this week.

Sunday at 4pm is still not enough for most Blues. 1894 have said through the media 3pm is a fairer time for travelling Blues.

If the authorities don’t pay heed to that and the turnout is a few thousand then everyone will just say we told you 4pm on sunday was no good.

Sure we as fans get games where we go to Southampton or Newcastle for a Monday 8pm kick off or whatever. There’s usually only 3,000 asked to travel so even though that’s a disgrace too the Traffic situation usually manageable for cars / coaches at least.

You have to start somewhere and with this being a glorified friendly they’ve not taken into account wembley fatigue for City fans and why on earth they would expect 30,000 to travel on a Sunday evening.

It’s the disdain the FA and ITV had for out fans is the problem and worth protesting against. If ITV felt a 7.45pm kick off at Wembley would attract an even larger tv audience they would schedule the game for then too.

It’s a chance to show fan power and flex muscles collectively.
Agreed but 1894 don’t speak for all fans and it was as much about the location of Wembley as the ko time.

None of the fans representatives or supporters groups seem to want to grasp the nettle and provide leadership which to my mind is very disappointing and of concern in the event of future battles with authorities.

I suggested a coach to St George’s Park for 50 fans.......NO TAKE UP

A further suggestion of a demo in front of the Colin Bell Stand....DERISION.

Frankly, we are simply too passive, we allow almost everything and everyone to shit on us time and time again with every kind of issue and abuse.

If we can’t rely on what we’ve got them perhaps is time for a more radical,hard core, militant group to emerge who will grip these matters without fear nor favour of upsetting the club or other groups.

BLACK FLAG BOYCOTT

I’ll be very happy to help and contribute, however I’m out of the country for part of the year and at the age of 72 I’m not really the right age for a leader......plus I’m technologically dyslexic.

It needs savvy,street wise guys and gals with good communication/ media skills who will work their contacts,engage with MPs,and celebrities along with city media friends.

I hope I’m not underestimating matters, however with a core of the right people and a BIG BANG LAUNCH on a unifying cause anything and everything is possible.

Thoughts ?

Charity/Community Shield was always held at the home of the League Champions then hijacked by Wembley for no particular reason. Needs to return to the original concept. A little bit of the money saved from the transport cost could be added to the ticket price and given direct to the nominated charities.

Wembley was a carrot to make it more attractive and meaningful.

In '72 City v Villa were invited because Derby and Leeds couldn't be bothered to take part.
In '73 City and Burnley were invited because the red dippers and Sunderland also couldn't be bothered to take part.

In '61, spuds played a FA XI as double winners. In '71, les arse were too busy with friendlies so Leicester beat the red dippers.

Get it to a neutral venue or the home of the Champions against an invited team.

Last edited:
Wembley is at the core of the issue and FA incompetence and their debts is the reason.....THEY WANT US TO PAY FOR IT ALL.

Ask Ncastle fans,if they were champions, if they would like the CS at a packed Sid James Park as a curtain raiser.

Ditto spuds, vanilla, etc & et al.

No fucking aboot with trains,coaches,shit beer and overpriced food in a shit location hundreds of miles from home.

The Champions should have this ‘privilege’ as was traditionally the case and imho we should demand it back and if the FA prevaricate go native with militant actions that attracts media coverage.

Visualise a packed Etihad at concessionary ticket prices and all proceed going to deserving Manchester charities,trophies being paraded etc.

Am I wrong. Am I WRONG. AM I WRONG !!

Wembley is at the core of the issue and FA incompetence and their debts is the reason.....THEY WANT US TO PAY FOR IT ALL.

Ask Ncastle fans,if they were champions, if they would like the CS at a packed Sid James Park as a curtain raiser.

Ditto spuds, vanilla, etc & et al.

No fucking aboot with trains,coaches,shit beer and overpriced food in a shit location hundreds of miles from home.

The Champions should have this ‘privilege’ as was traditionally the case and imho we should demand it back and if the FA prevaricate go native with militant actions that attracts media coverage.

Visualise a packed Etihad at concessionary ticket prices and all proceed going to deserving Manchester charities,trophies being paraded etc.

Am I wrong. Am I WRONG. AM I WRONG !!
wolfie.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.