Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The charity/community shield is classed as a major honour, check out the rags, dippers and our honour list.
It (and it’s equivalents in other countries) is on every single club’s honours list in European football.

It’s not a major trophy though, it’s still a minor one. Yet it’s still a competitive trophy like the Euro Super Cup and World Club Cup.

By contrast, check out Peps team selection and attitude. ( no complaints from me)
Pep’s said in the past in a moan to the journalists in a press conference that it should be counted as a trophy.

In 2018-19 when we won the domestic quadruple, Pep said something along the lines of, ‘excuse me, it’s four trophies [when someone said we’d won three that season], we also won the Community Shield. It is a trophy, it is in Germany and Spain and it was when another club won it the other season so why aren’t you counting it for me?’

Last edited by a moderator:
The charity/community shield is classed as a major honour, check out the rags, dippers and our honour list.

I don’t think there is any official definition of a ‘major’ trophy. But generally they are considered competitions that are open to everybody to either compete in or qualify for within a defined structure.

The Community Shield is officially classed as a ‘Super Cup.’ Which are generally one off invitational matches.

I think a very small percentage of people within the game would class it as major trophy.

Pep’s said in the past in a moan to the journalists in a press conference that it should be counted as a trophy.

In 2018-19 when we won the domestic quadruple, Pep said something along the lines of, ‘excuse me, it’s four trophies [when someone said we’d won three that season], we also won the Community Shield. It is a trophy, it is in Germany and Spain and it was when another club won it the other season so why aren’t you counting it for me?’
Half the first team will still be on the beach, (as good as anyway.) They need rest. Pep knows that and will not bring them back earlier.
Why is it 2 weeks before the season starts anyway?

Half the first team will still be on the beach, (as good as anyway.) They need rest. Pep knows that and will not bring them back earlier.
It's not...6th for the CS, 11th first PL game v Burnley

I don’t think there is any official definition of a ‘major’ trophy. But generally they are considered competitions that are open to everybody to either compete in or qualify for within a defined structure.

The Community Shield is officially classed as a ‘Super Cup.’ Which are generally one off invitational matches.

I think a very small percentage of people within the game would class it as major trophy.

The club joined the Football League in 1892, and won their first major honour, the FA Cup, in 1904.

Thats entirely been down to when players came back and their pre seasons after tournaments. They’l all be back together this time so the team will probably be stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.