Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there is any official definition of a ‘major’ trophy. But generally they are considered competitions that are open to everybody to either compete in or qualify for within a defined structure.

The Community Shield is officially classed as a ‘Super Cup.’ Which are generally one off invitational matches.

I think a very small percentage of people within the game would class it as major trophy.
Surely a ‘trophy’ is classed as a competition where the winning team has played multiple games over several months against numerous opponent. This is a one off kickabout to improve fitness and potentially give some peripheral players a run out.

I’ve more important things to spend.my hard earned on but good luck to those who want to go..

A great opportunity for the U21s & U18s to gain ‘big’ match experience at Wembley......also a big fuck off to the FA & ITV !!

A great opportunity for the U21s & U18s to gain ‘big’ match experience at Wembley......also a big fuck off to the FA & ITV !!
Pep’s only done that once against Leicester when loads of players weren’t back after the Euros yet.

These are the other line-ups for the CS under Pep:

IMG_3743.jpeg
IMG_3740.jpeg
IMG_3742.jpeg

Pretty much full strength or close to it.

The City team aren’t boycotting this game, they’ll be treating it like they always do and will be playing to win it and get the first team prepared for the Burnley game five days later.

They’ll probably be disappointed that our fans won’t be there to get behind them.

Pep’s only done that once against Leicester when loads of players weren’t back after the Euros yet.

View attachment 85274
View attachment 85275
View attachment 85276

The City team aren’t boycotting this game, they’ll be treating it like they always do and will be playing to win it and get the first team prepared for the Burnley game five days later.

They’ll probably be disappointed that our fans won’t be there to get behind them.

View attachment 85274
View attachment 85275
View attachment 85276

The club,Pep and players understand, they know the location,day and time disadvantages City fans on every level.

If you’re going take a BLACK FLAG !!

The club,Pep and players understand, they know the location,day and time disadvantages City fans on every level.

If you’re going take a BLACK FLAG !!
I actually agree with the boycott and I’m not going. But I just think the players and Pep will be disappointed in us as they never quite understand the reality for every day fans.

As evidenced by Pep saying things a few times over the years. After we got about 39,000 against Fulham in the FA Cup he said, ‘I don’t understand why the fans were not there, I hope more come to the semifinal against United on Wednesday’.

It’s not particularly their fault why they don’t understand. They are in a different world to normal people and it wouldn’t even cross their minds that four cup games just after Christmas and New Year (Port Vale, Fulham and United at home and one away at United all in the month of January) would be difficult for a lot of people to afford so many will have chosen which ones to go to.

Just like they probably won’t understand the reasons behind why we won’t be there for this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.