Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gate receipts are a very small % of most match income.

ALL PL,CL,FAC & LC ticket prices should be reduced and held for the foreseeable future,match going fans are being fleeced on admission,F&B,programmes,travel, in fact everything !!

We fans are utterly hopeless at taking/making a stand about these ludicrous,profiteering and unnecessary costs.

The National Supporters Association (or whoever they are) should be raising hell through a nationwide media campaign on behalf of all supporters.

Likewise 1894 & OSC should be doing the same at City,a decade + of ticket price increases is shameful.

Take the lead City and take the high ground....it’s not too late !!
The Football Supporters Association (FSA)

Don't expect the OSC to rock the boat anytime soon though

Gate receipts are a very small % of most match income.

ALL PL,CL,FAC & LC ticket prices should be reduced and held for the foreseeable future,match going fans are being fleeced on admission,F&B,programmes,travel, in fact everything !!

We fans are utterly hopeless at taking/making a stand about these ludicrous,profiteering and unnecessary costs.

The National Supporters Association (or whoever they are) should be raising hell through a nationwide media campaign on behalf of all supporters.

Likewise 1894 & OSC should be doing the same at City,a decade + of ticket price increases is shameful.

Take the lead City and take the high ground....it’s not too late !!

Bring back Swales?????

Well, after much serious consideration mate I've decided to make yet another visit to Wembley. I could have watched it on TV, I could save myself 8 hours driving & all that goes with it, cost, environmental damage etc, but I could say that about nearly every game City play. Most of the people boycotting this game would not be going anyway but I understand the feelings behind it, it's just my love for City is to deep, I need them & they need me. C'mon City
Sounds like a line out of blues brothers

Regardless of whether people are attending or not, it is a bit odd that City have not announced any sales criteria. Arsenal are selling their tickets from tomorrow.

The FA and the PL really don’t give a shit about the fans and tradition.

The FA Cup replays could be scrapped, the early rounds moved to midweeks and the final staged on an ordinary Premier League weekend from the 2024-25 season in the biggest shake-up in the competition’s 152-year history.

Mail Sport has been told the terms of an extraordinary deal which would see the Premier League sell overseas TV rights for the FA Cup for ten years from the 2024-25 season, giving the top-flight clubs control of the entire domestic calendar.

The FA insist that the tender process for overseas rights remains ongoing, but it is understood chief executive Mark Bullingham is minded to accept the Premier League's offer and their terms, which include:

• The abolition of FA Cup replays.
  • The prospect of early rounds of the competition being played midweek.
  • The end of a stand-alone weekend for the FA Cup final at the end of the season, with the showpiece occasion being brought forward to clash with a regular weekend of Premier League fixtures every year.
  • The FA Cup final will likely be held on the penultimate Saturday of the season, with a full Premier League schedule taking place on the Sunday
  • A 10-year deal to sell foreign TV rights for all overseas markets, and the possibility of subsequently selling the domestic rights, which are currently held by BBC and ITV.
  • An increased offer payment from the Premier League to the FA to fund grassroots football.

The FA Cup replays could be scrapped, the early rounds moved to midweeks and the final staged on an ordinary Premier League weekend from the 2024-25 season in the biggest shake-up in the competition’s 152-year history.

Mail Sport has been told the terms of an extraordinary deal which would see the Premier League sell overseas TV rights for the FA Cup for ten years from the 2024-25 season, giving the top-flight clubs control of the entire domestic calendar.

The FA insist that the tender process for overseas rights remains ongoing, but it is understood chief executive Mark Bullingham is minded to accept the Premier League's offer and their terms, which include:

• The end of a stand-alone weekend for the FA Cup final at the end of the season, with the showpiece occasion being brought forward to clash with a regular weekend of Premier League fixtures every year.
  • The FA Cup final will likely be held on the penultimate Saturday of the season, with a full Premier League schedule taking place on the Sunday
  • A 10-year deal to sell foreign TV rights for all overseas markets, and the possibility of subsequently selling the domestic rights, which are currently held by BBC and ITV.
  • An increased offer payment from the Premier League to the FA to fund grassroots football.
How can you play the final on the same weekend as premier league games if you get to the final, rescheduled games already go midweek for PL if you’ve made quarter and semis! Absolute showers of shit, all for tv and fans abroad nothing to do with the local supporters.

How many other papers have reported this or is this just the Daily Mail? I guess none

Unlimited replays were not good for the fans or players, and not possible after the police brought in the 10 day rule. The final would end up in August.

Champions league final 2 days after an FA cup replay, and then another replay on the Tuesday wouldn't have been good anyway,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.