Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Unheralded and very liberal sales criteria designed to quash boycott?” - 1894 update ... www.instagram.com/weare1894

Wasn't that the same ticket selling criteria for Real Madrid at home in the CL semi-final 2nd leg? ;-)

To be fair to the Directors running the club, they do really look after our new supporters and put them first. (don't they just)

B9134C95-9FC5-459A-8AE4-B041143DEA63.jpeg
0CC40BB9-6488-43B0-8A5C-59C44CDA8D82.jpeg

Last edited:
I think first game as European Champions too.
The appetite for football is huge now, probably greater than ever. City are the treble winners, the best team in the world, and have a global icon with Haaland. I wouldn't be surprised if he alone put 10,000 on the gate. London will be packed with tourists and ticket prices are cheap. Whatever people may think it is a great opportunity to promote the club across the world. The more City fans we can get the better. Some of them will remain fans for life.

It seems the ground will be fuller than expected, and everyone has their right to attend, but is there now a scope for a peaceful but visual protest in Manchester for those who have decided to boycott the game to continue to emphasise the reasons behind the planned boycott?

It seems the ground will be fuller than expected, and everyone has their right to attend, but is there now a scope for a peaceful but visual protest in Manchester for those who have decided to boycott the game to continue to emphasise the reasons behind the planned boycott?

We wouldn’t want any protest in Manchester to end up like the failed Rag 1st team shirt protest.

We know 1000’s of City fans who would normally go aren’t going.

And 100’s of tickets have sold out for the Community Shield boycott event at the Band on the Wall. https://bandonthewall.org/events/boycott-the-community-shield/

We wouldn’t want any protest in Manchester to end up like the failed Rag 1st team shirt protest.

We know 1000’s of City fans who would normally go aren’t going.

And 100’s of tickets have sold out for the Community Shield boycott event at the Band on the Wall. https://bandonthewall.org/events/boycott-the-community-shield/

I get this. Maybe the word protest is too strong. Maybe a gathering before the Band on the Wall event, somewhere close by, that would present to the media the feelings of the hardcore of our fan base before most can make their way to that event. Otherwise, for me, it will just go under the carpet and unnoticed.

Would it maybe a good idea, as the game gets nearer, to have a separate thread for those discussing the match, travel, tickets etc. and another for discussing the boycott?

We will do. This thread will become a boycott, travel, general discussion thread and we'll have a new match thread up.

I get this. Maybe the word protest is too strong. Maybe a gathering before the Band on the Wall event, somewhere close by, that would present to the media the feelings of the hardcore of our fan base before most can make their way to that event. Otherwise, for me, it will just go under the carpet and unnoticed.
A big fuck off group boycott picture outside the Band on the Wall?

A boycott here would mean club knew fans had power to exert pressure on club over season tickets and match day tickets. 15,000 regulars still boycotted here that could mean 15,000 active people when it comes to challenging price rises etc or walkouts

Club know new fans can step in here

This year no new seasoncards offered to fans. If season ticket holder doesn’t renew tickets go in the general pot so more revenue as price per ticket goes up. Also more chance of daytripper spending more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.