Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A boycott here would mean club knew fans had power to exert pressure on club over season tickets and match day tickets. 15,000 regulars still boycotted here that could mean 15,000 active people when it comes to challenging price rises etc or walkouts

Club know new fans can step in here

This year no new seasoncards offered to fans. If season ticket holder doesn’t renew tickets go in the general pot so more revenue as price per ticket goes up. Also more chance of daytripper spending more
Correct.

The club are slowly and quietly hoovering up season tickets and changing them to match day ticket sales.

Got 4 today around 3pm all row 1 in block 533. As we're all old gits total cost 60 quid, far too good to miss out seeing the Champions of Europe.
One ticket is for a spurs fan, he just wants to see Arsenal get beat. He has seen us before, I took him to the 1981 final and the 4.3 city comeback game at WHL
We are all mid Kent so travel not an issue.
Im thinking many friends of City fans will attend and the attendance could be higher than first thought.
I personally hope it sells out (it won't though it never does) and it's the best game ever (it won't be) and halaand get 10 goals and some record (he won't) and and all these so called boycotters will turn this game in to the York away game saying they were there.
While understandable, it's quite disappointing to see so many tickets shifting to Citizens members.

Those fans who go week in, week out are the ones that will be affected more greatly by scheduling. With a big turnout, we're showing the FA/Premier League/UEFA etc that it's fine to fuck fans around - we'll fill seats no matter what.

We (collectively) have to accept our support will continue to be an afterthought because there is no solidarity amongst City fans (and fans in England generally).
So if all the season ticket holders had got their tickets when they could the tourists and day trippers wouldn't have got their tickets......you can't have it both ways.

I really would love it if it sold out.

A boycott here would mean club knew fans had power to exert pressure on club over season tickets and match day tickets. 15,000 regulars still boycotted here that could mean 15,000 active people when it comes to challenging price rises etc or walkouts

Club know new fans can step in here

This year no new seasoncards offered to fans. If season ticket holder doesn’t renew tickets go in the general pot so more revenue as price per ticket goes up. Also more chance of daytripper spending more

To be fair you say ‘new fans’ - I think a lot of the people attending won’t necessarily be city fans. They will be people there for a day out and for the experience.

I think the ticket criteria is having a big effect. Up to 4 tickets, no previous history either. There’s no way we’d sell this many with our regular ticket criteria.

It’s all about the glory hunters for the club. Sack the legacy fans off

A big fuck off group boycott picture outside the Band on the Wall?

Absolutely this, accompanied with a few banners and songs along with coverage from media. Make it known that the majority of our fan base at Wembley that day is made up of fans who don’t usually go and accept any kick
off time on any day.

I personally hope it sells out (it won't though it never does) and it's the best game ever (it won't be) and halaand get 10 goals and some record (he won't) and and all these so called boycotters will turn this game in to the York away game saying they were there.

So if all the season ticket holders had got their tickets when they could the tourists and day trippers wouldn't have got their tickets......you can't have it both ways.

I really would love it if it sold out.

Did it sell out last time at Wembley? It did at Leicester.

Why would you love it? (Kev)

Did you love it when you read it was a 5:30pm kick off on Sunday?

While understandable, it's quite disappointing to see so many tickets shifting to Citizens members.

Those fans who go week in, week out are the ones that will be affected more greatly by scheduling. With a big turnout, we're showing the FA/Premier League/UEFA etc that it's fine to fuck fans around - we'll fill seats no matter what.

We (collectively) have to accept our support will continue to be an afterthought because there is no solidarity amongst City fans (and fans in England generally).

The main bone of contention if I’m not wrong all surrounds issues created by the fact the game is effectively an away game.

If we’re talking about “week in, week out” fans who go to all or most away games, then we’re probably talking about 2,000 people tops.

So I don’t really see how the vast majority of season ticket holders are any more inconvenienced than your average member when it comes to issues over away games.

The main bone of contention if I’m not wrong all surrounds issues created by the fact the game is effectively an away game.

If we’re talking about “week in, week out” fans who go to all or most away games, then we’re probably talking about 2,000 people tops.

So I don’t really see how the vast majority of season ticket holders are any more inconvenienced than your average member when it comes to issues over away games.

The main bone of contention was the original 5:30pm kick off. (and getting back to Manchester after the game on a Sunday night) The FA gave no thought about City fans.

Lo and behold, when the boycott was announced the FA decided they could move the kick off time back to 4pm, which they could have done initially. Apparently the FA had a lot to consider before announcing a 5:30pm kick off, but one of those considerations wasn’t City fans.

Last edited:

A lot of “week in, week out” fans who I know have sacrificed personal records and achievements by boycotting this game, only to be undermined due to fans who rarely go to games buying their tickets, something which has been made easier by the club who have absolutely no consideration for this boycott.

I don’t believe you. For years we actively mocked United and their fanbase. There’s no way before our success you thought ‘you know what would be great, gradually replacing our core fanbase’ ie like old Trafford’

Of course balance is needed. The core match going fanbase is the lifeblood of this club. It’s not the same club without it. New fans are welcome as well.
The core is priority through the loyalty points and under 25 system as it was for this game. City are growing locally as well. Nobody is being excluded. New people are taking up the slack. That's all. Nobody is being replaced unless they want to give up going for whatever reason.

A lot of “week in, week out” fans who I know have sacrificed personal records and achievements by boycotting this game, only to be undermined due to fans who rarely go to games buying their tickets, something which has been made easier by the club who have absolutely no consideration for this boycott.

The vast majority of City fans rarely go to any away games. If only the week in week out fans ever went to Wembley, they’d never be more than a couple of thousand there.

Therefore every Wembley game is filled with fans who rarely go anywhere outside of the Etihad. Those going to this game aren’t buying “their” tickets. They’re buying the tickets that their demographic buy for every Wembley game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.