Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate, but I don’t agree with your point about nobody is being excluded. Short and long term lots of city fans are being excluded. Plenty of people can’t travel to London on a Sunday night or afford the cost of the travel and tickets. (I know the tickets are reasonably priced - it’s still expensive overall)

Long term it’s an issue as it means the club can pretty much charge whatever they like and the fa or premier league can put fixtures on at any time they want. Knowing football ‘spectators’ will probably buy tickets.

I think it’s a massive issue for all football fans who are being forgotten about

The club are also aren’t selling season tickets and are snapping them up when someone stops going - to turn into expensive match day tickets. That in itself is having an effect and stopping fans who might have attended previously. there’s also a whole list of things I could mention (advertising boards replacing seats for instance)

I get what your saying, but I’m struggling to support this fixture or things surrounding it
The fact is the Etihad isn’t big enough for all the older fans and the inevitable newer fans, hasn’t been for a few years now. The extension will help and there will be new S/C seats. But also more match day seats including groups of matchday seats together.

Finally seems like the penny is dropping with more of you, that us so called legacy fans are a hindrance to the modern day business of M C, no F C in the name now, just get to every game you can because a couple more champions league wins, trebles or quadruple then here’s the blueprint for future away games…….IMG_9818.jpeg

I’m not disputing any of that. In fact it’s re-enforcing my point. Which probably wasn’t worded very clearly.
I think it was three factors of equal inconvenience ....
Wembley
Sunday
5-30pm.

Had it been a a ground broadly equidistant ( Notts,Foxes,Vanilla ) at 3 pm on Saturday or Sunday City would’ve sold every ticket but Arse probably wouldn’t.

The FA make their decisions based on how much money they can generate to pay off the Wembley debt created by their own vanity and incompetence.

With City being both Champions & Cup Winners we should have been offered the option of holding it at The Etihad with all proceeds going to Manchester charities.

The boycott should be only the start of a national push back against authorities and tv companies who are abusing their power and monopoly status. Their actions are a dereliction of responsibility and a failure of duty of care to fans.

BOYCOTT or take a BLACK FLAG !!

Apart from the four FA Cup finals ( and possibly the United semi ) pretty much all the Wembley games have been a piece of piss for anybody who wants one to get hold of a ticket.

But even ignoring that. My point isn’t trying to deny this game isn’t selling at the pace of other games. It is that the vast majority of people who go to Wembley games aren’t been inconvenienced with tricky long distance trips on a regular basis, as they rarely go to other away games outside of Wembley.
As you say beem a piece of piss bar the FA cup

No coincidence that the league cup has gone to lower criterias as have the charity shield games and both being played on a sunday.

If all these wembley games were a Saturday at a reasonable time for travel they would sell out as fast as each other with maybe the charity shield being the one that goes to lowers selling criteria (though not general sale) as it is just a friendly and most English fans don't hold it in the same regards as managers coming in from places where these super cups as seen as important

I think it was three factors of equal inconvenience ....
Wembley
Sunday
5-30pm.

Had it been a a ground broadly equidistant ( Notts,Foxes,Vanilla ) at 3 pm on Saturday or Sunday City would’ve sold every ticket but Arse probably wouldn’t.

The FA make their decisions based on how much money they can generate to pay off the Wembley debt created by their own vanity and incompetence.

With City being both Champions & Cup Winners we should have been offered the option of holding it at The Etihad with all proceeds going to Manchester charities.

The boycott should be only the start of a national push back against authorities and tv companies who are abusing their power and monopoly status. Their actions are a dereliction of responsibility and a failure of duty of care to fans.

BOYCOTT or take a BLACK FLAG !!
Every single fan knows that every domestic football competition ends with a trip to Wembley. It is the reward for being 'best in class' and it's why there is the "and we're going to Wem-ber-ley" song.
It's the reason why the LC was changed from a two legged home/away final to a single game there.
It's the reason why they decided to host the CS there.
It's the reason why EFL play-offs are there.

Lots of fans like the idea of a big day out at Wembley. I'm one of them. Baffles me that people don't see it as something to aspire to achieve and look forward to.

They moved the Charity Shield to Wembley in 1974, some top tier forward planning went on there...

If Sunday is such an inconvenient day, less people would go and the FA would generate less money...aren't they shooting themselves in the foot a bit?

To those who are GOING, wave a BLUE FLAG and enjoy your day.

Every single fan knows that every domestic football competition ends with a trip to Wembley. It is the reward for being 'best in class' and it's why there is the "and we're going to Wem-ber-ley" song.
It's the reason why the LC was changed from a two legged home/away final to a single game there.
It's the reason why they decided to host the CS there.
It's the reason why EFL play-offs are there.

Lots of fans like the idea of a big day out at Wembley. I'm one of them. Baffles me that people don't see it as something to aspire to achieve and look forward to.

They moved the Charity Shield to Wembley in 1974, some top tier forward planning went on there...

If Sunday is such an inconvenient day, less people would go and the FA would generate less money...aren't they shooting themselves in the foot a bit?

To those who are GOING, wave a BLUE FLAG and enjoy your day.
BLUE on the front BLACK on the back.....everyone’s a winner babe !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.