Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No intention of going to this game , ive been to a couple of Comunity Shields against London teams Chelski , Goons and Rags and we are usually outnumbered 3 to 1 , after all its on their doorstep , a lot of people are feelling the pinch financially and spending £250-£300 for a game that hardly anyone recognises as a trophy (apart from the Dippers) and getting home a stupid o'clock, really has no appeal to me.
If it had been 3pm on a Saturday at Villa Park or similar then count me in ,but there will probably a bloody train strike any way on 6th August :)

No intention of going to this game , ive been to a couple of Comunity Shields against London teams Chelski , Goons and Rags and we are usually outnumbered 3 to 1 , after all its on their doorstep , a lot of people are feelling the pinch financially and spending £250-£300 for a game that hardly anyone recognises as a trophy (apart from the Dippers) and getting home a stupid o'clock, really has no appeal to me.
If it had been 3pm on a Saturday at Villa Park or similar then count me in ,but there will probably a bloody train strike any way on 6th August :)
What thousands of other blues are feeling about this game mate

Its absolutely 100% ok to just not go if you can't be arsed, can't afford it or have work on the Monday. Not everything has to be a BOYCOTT against the SCUM FA. You sound like scousers. Charity Shields been on a Sunday at Wembley for years barring the gap for the new stadium being built.
I love a weekend at Wembley but would prefer it going around the country, Villa and Leicester were great trips.

Going to Wycombe Wanderers Sat (one of my 92) and then on the piss round there then off to watch The European Champions Sunday.

If voting changed anything they would abolish it. :)

Every single fan knows that every domestic football competition ends with a trip to Wembley. It is the reward for being 'best in class' and it's why there is the "and we're going to Wem-ber-ley" song.
It's the reason why the LC was changed from a two legged home/away final to a single game there.
It's the reason why they decided to host the CS there.
It's the reason why EFL play-offs are there.

Lots of fans like the idea of a big day out at Wembley. I'm one of them. Baffles me that people don't see it as something to aspire to achieve and look forward to.

They moved the Charity Shield to Wembley in 1974, some top tier forward planning went on there...

If Sunday is such an inconvenient day, less people would go and the FA would generate less money...aren't they shooting themselves in the foot a bit?

To those who are GOING, wave a BLUE FLAG and enjoy your day.
The CS is a pre season fitness building friendly played at 75% with lots of substitutions.

Many City fans who’ve travelled Europe,all the away games, and many Wembley's, prefer to use their money to go to ‘unique’ games in Athens and KSA....Wembley is not unique anymore and funds are not inexhaustible.

Good luck to those who chose to go, it’ll be very popular with new fans.

However,the facts are that if the FA,in their need and greed, had been more understanding and reasonable this may never have arisen.

They can’t see beyond their arrogance and vanity and have little or no understanding or interest in fans or their difficulties.

I truly hope that we have now poked the hornets nest and they get stung into a more reasonable attitude.

Unfortunately,the tribal nature of football in the UK means that we’re prolly on our own because not a single national supporters association has shown an iota of interest in taking up the cudgel.

Shameful & shameless .....over to the rebels and anti authoritarian MANCUNIANS

Its absolutely 100% ok to just not go if you can't be arsed, can't afford it or have work on the Monday. Not everything has to be a BOYCOTT against the SCUM FA. You sound like scousers. Charity Shields been on a Sunday at Wembley for years barring the gap for the new stadium being built.
Or sound like fans from across europe who actively protest whem they think their associations are taking the piss.

I don't get why those choosing to either not go or boycott get this push back, no one has said people cannot go, if someone goes fair enough if some.one doesn't then that ia also fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.