Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning the CL has changed the game. I am a legacy fan who loves it though. It is just part of the rollercoaster ride of following City.
From a club development point of view the CL is like hitting the turbo button. You can see why it was our owner’s main objective. I think there will be some Blue Mooners that maybe didn’t realise quite the impact. I’m surprised myself if the CS ticket rumours are true but I can believe it.

I can remember last pre-season in USA where the City fans outnumbered Bayern and I thought then the tide had turned.

No turning back now.

Once “115“ and “no fans” are put to bed they’ve got nothing left other than looking a bit sad and silly.

The champions league win is patly why we can sell out this without a lot.of core season card holders attending.

Winning such trophies attracts those fans who turn up in the shop in a chelsea shirt carry a rag megastore bag and buying city merchandise who will snap up any opportunity to attend at least one game

Winning the CL has changed the game. I am a legacy fan who loves it though. It is just part of the rollercoaster ride of following City.
It is indeed. However, the club need to make sure that they don’t alienate us legacy fans going forward. I totally get that growing our fanbase is important but they should be taking the legacy fans with them on this journey. Pulling stunts like accepting new memberships ahead of the Real Madrid home semi and giving those people an equal chance of getting a ticket as long standing members was out of order and totally unnecessary.

Anyone who switches allegiances wouldn't be a city fan, support for your club isn't changable because of trophies or tge team of that time
It was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment!

But if you think that every nine or ten year old wearing a City top in London, Cardiff, Grand Canaries or Olso was a fan from birth you may be a bit disappointed.

Kids are a bit fickle at times, that's why there are so many adult Cockney Reds kicking around...

Last edited:
From a club development point of view the CL is like hitting the turbo button. You can see why it was our owner’s main objective. I think there will be some Blue Mooners that maybe didn’t realise quite the impact. I’m surprised myself if the CS ticket rumours are true but I can believe it.

I can remember last pre-season in USA where the City fans outnumbered Bayern and I thought then the tide had turned.

No turning back now.

Once “115“ and “no fans” are put to bed they’ve got nothing left other than looking a bit sad and silly.
Spot on about winning the CL. I think a lot of our fans are unaware just how much winning that competition grows a fanbase.

As you say, our support at those games in the States last summer was huge and that was before the CL win. From the footage, I think there were even more blues at the game in Houston than the one in Green Bay against Bayern.

It was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment!

But if you don't think that every nine or ten year old wearing a City top in London, Cardiff, Grand Canaries or Olso was a fan from birth you may be a bit disappointed.

Kids are a bit fickle at times, that's why there are so many adult Cockney Reds kicking around...
wasn't that my point?? success equals new fans, doubt it was loads of 10 years olds that are logging on and snapping up the 20 odd thousand sold in the last few days mind ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.