Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, every game ‘could’ be played at 3 pm on a Saturday but 30 years ago English football sold its sole to television and we’ve lived with the pros and cons ever since.

I’m not saying it’s right but last season for example there was something like eight league games that you couldn’t get there and back in a day on public transport and I didn’t hear a peep from anyone about it from anyone.

But those who go to the away games, went anyway, booked their time off work, booked their hotels and got on with it. While some on here whinged about how away games are a closed shop.

Now we have a game on a weekend that’s easily doable on a day trip with unlimited reasonably priced tickets and it seems the world has fallen in

I just think it’s a strange game for the shit to hit the fan.

Being straight after the UEFA fuck up in Istanbul, it has given plenty of City fans the opportunity to say a big fuck off to the FA. And many City fans have taken that opportunity. Regardless of who it is, UEFA, the PL, the FA, they all keep on fucking the fans over continually. After what happened in Istanbul, I’ve had enough and so have many other City fans.

Look I know why this as become an issue we have played at Wembley something like 24 times in the last ten years ? Correct me if I’m wrong? No one complained eleven years ago when we got there ! I’ve missed 2 of our visits it’s cost me a small fortune I have stayed at the holiday inn the ibis the Hilton and have booked the Hilton for this game , I’m taking my dad who is 80 he may never see this again and I’m 51 I might not ? Who knows? Look they will never change this venue for anyone! If Newcastle or Sunderland were playing there for this game they wouldn’t complain because they don’t go that often! No disrespect to them, why all of a sudden have you lot decided you want the venue changing because you can’t be arsed going Wembley anymore! I’m just thinking of walking out of York away ! Yes I was there before you ask. If you don’t want go that’s fine but let’s not have our team who have just won the treble have no one to support them , this season has been unbelievable and you may never see this again in you lifetime! I won’t ? I know my dad won’t and I think you lot doing this need to give your heads a wobble ! I know money is tight it’s your choice but city need us to sing for them or there is no city !

I agree.

Like me.

But I still see it as being part of a wider boycott.
I don’t doubt it, I still hope we get a fair few there. I don’t think the boycott will have any effect in the authorities, they don’t give a fuck about us now and they won’t after the boycott but I understand why people are doing it. Same as booing uefa, I appreciate our fans gave good morals - the fa, pl, uefa have none

What about 8.00 Wednesday night in Athens? or is that a great trip in the sun, so best not boycott that one. Just don’t go if you don’t want but maybe not expect everyone else to join you as some sort of crusade.
Comparing it to the super league is just bollocks.

The Super Cup is a totally different matter. Athens, the stadium, the date, the time has been known about for a quite a while. The match could have been played anywhere in Europe. It’s the first time City have been involved in the Super Cup match, so City fans will want to go to it. City fans are already struggling to get to the match with high air fares, etc. If you want to point the finger, look no further than UEFA again, just like the FA with the Sunday 5:30pm kick off time.

Being honest. I wanted to go to the Super Cup match. But I couldn’t get the time off work. Even if I could have got the time off work the cost of the flights was putting me off. After spending £1300 on the CL final in Istanbul, I’m done. Burnley away will be my next away trip.

Last edited:
People are conflating a lot of issues here. As I see it many fans are also pissed off with the changes of fixtures all to suit TV. Is the game on a Friday, any one of three times on a Saturday or Sunday and maybe a Monday evening. Fans can’t plan anything in advance in terms of travel and accommodation if required because we have to wait for Sky et al to announce which games are going to be played and when. Invariably these announcements are delayed for a variety of reasons. The Community Shield is, when all is said and done and pre season friendly with slightly more importance attached to it than other friendlies. It’s only in recent times that it has been shown live, such little importance was paid to it. To play a game with two London sides at 5.30 on a Sunday would have been stupid, to do so with one teams whose fans have to travel the best part of 200 miles is yet another huge slap in the face for fans. If we continue to let the FA, PL etc treat us like shit they will do so. Limiting away tickets to £30 was because of fan pressure wasn’t it. Wonder how the Arse fans would react if the game was at the swamp on a Sunday at 5.30. I doubt whether they would be delighted and talk about selling 35k.

I don’t doubt it, I still hope we get a fair few there. I don’t think the boycott will have any effect in the authorities, they don’t give a fuck about us now and they won’t after the boycott but I understand why people are doing it. Same as booing uefa, I appreciate our fans gave good morals - the fa, pl, uefa have none

Very true. Boycott or not, the FA will just ride it out, not comment, and hope for a United V Liverpool Community Shield in 2024/2025 so it fills Wembley out.

People are conflating a lot of issues here. As I see it many fans are also pissed off with the changes of fixtures all to suit TV. Is the game on a Friday, any one of three times on a Saturday or Sunday and maybe a Monday evening. Fans can’t plan anything in advance in terms of travel and accommodation if required because we have to wait for Sky et al to announce which games are going to be played and when. Invariably these announcements are delayed for a variety of reasons. The Community Shield is, when all is said and done and pre season friendly with slightly more importance attached to it than other friendlies. It’s only in recent times that it has been shown live, such little importance was paid to it. To play a game with two London sides at 5.30 on a Sunday would have been stupid, to do so with one teams whose fans have to travel the best part of 200 miles is yet another huge slap in the face for fans. If we continue to let the FA, PL etc treat us like shit they will do so. Limiting away tickets to £30 was because of fan pressure wasn’t it. Wonder how the Arse fans would react if the game was at the swamp on a Sunday at 5.30. I doubt whether they would be delighted and talk about selling 35k.

Spot on mate.

The Arsenal fans would have gone f*cking mad.

They haven’t been to as many semi-finals and finals as City fans have over the last 15 years.

What about 8.00 Wednesday night in Athens? or is that a great trip in the sun, so best not boycott that one. Just don’t go if you don’t want but maybe not expect everyone else to join you as some sort of crusade.
Comparing it to the super league is just bollocks.
Be prepared to be continually shit on then.
(Without moaning)
Oh and I refuse to go to another friendly, the one in Athens.....and the farce in Saudi.

Look I know why this as become an issue we have played at Wembley something like 24 times in the last ten years ? Correct me if I’m wrong? No one complained eleven years ago when we got there ! I’ve missed 2 of our visits it’s cost me a small fortune I have stayed at the holiday inn the ibis the Hilton and have booked the Hilton for this game , I’m taking my dad who is 80 he may never see this again and I’m 51 I might not ? Who knows? Look they will never change this venue for anyone! If Newcastle or Sunderland were playing there for this game they wouldn’t complain because they don’t go that often! No disrespect to them, why all of a sudden have you lot decided you want the venue changing because you can’t be arsed going Wembley anymore! I’m just thinking of walking out of York away ! Yes I was there before you ask. If you don’t want go that’s fine but let’s not have our team who have just won the treble have no one to support them , this season has been unbelievable and you may never see this again in you lifetime! I won’t ? I know my dad won’t and I think you lot doing this need to give your heads a wobble ! I know money is tight it’s your choice but city need us to sing for them or there is no city !
Exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.