Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without wanting to put down anybody pushing for this boycott, it seems a strange game to pick.

It’s basically an hour later kick off on a weekend, than we’ve all long since accepted is a ‘normal’ time.

Surely a Monday night game, where it takes two days off work, plus a night in a hotel, would be a more appropriate game than one that is easily doable on a day drip but involves getting home a bit late?

Ok,work permitting I will go,do I agree with the kick off time no,do the team that gave me my greatest moments following city deserve my support yes.if you don’t want to go,don’t go,but don’t slate fans that want to go,it’s everyone’s choice,we all have our reasons for going or not going.

For the Bolton one, everyone who normally went away tended to go. The club nor the supporters clubs will get actively involved, just an unconstituted display group.

I've not been going after realising how little of the money goes to good causes and what a con it was, I haven't been since the 2019 and think it is all a sham. If people want to go I am not judging, they are more motivated than me to go.

Most fans wouldn't go to the TC trophy, it was less than half full for a few, but it wasn't a boycott was it?

If that’s you want to call 1894. 3 City Matters Reps also added their names to the boycott. They did consult the other City Matters Reps first before doing that. I do believe. I stand corrected on that.

The club will never get involved in anything publicly. Have the club released a statement about how the City fans were treated by UEFA in Istanbul yet? Just asking as I don’t know. TBH I gave up caring a long time ago about the club and how it treats City fans in general. That’s another discussion. As for the OSC, the less said about how that is run at the top the better.

There’s no point in me going into the pluses and minuses of the boycott. That’s already been done to death. It is what it is. It will play out until the start of the match and afterwards. A week later it will be forgotten about when City play Seville in the Super Cup. Then the season starts in earnest.

For the Bolton one, everyone who normally went away tended to go. The club nor the supporters clubs will get actively involved, just an unconstituted display group.

I've not been going after realising how little of the money goes to good causes and what a con it was, I haven't been since the 2019 and think it is all a sham. If people want to go I am not judging, they are more motivated than me to go.

Most fans wouldn't go to the TC trophy, it was less than half full for a few, but it wasn't a boycott was it?
Top Cat? Also known as the Andy (officer) Dibble trophy? or is it Tony Coton or maybe Tony Coleman?

Ok,work permitting I will go,do I agree with the kick off time no,do the team that gave me my greatest moments following city deserve my support yes.if you don’t want to go,don’t go,but don’t slate fans that want to go,it’s everyone’s choice,we all have our reasons for going or not going.

Nobody is slating you or the fans going. You might get the odd comment, just like those who aren’t going have got. I hope you enjoy the day and City win for you and all the fans going.

Without wanting to put down anybody pushing for this boycott, it seems a strange game to pick.

It’s basically an hour later kick off on a weekend, than we’ve all long since accepted is a ‘normal’ time.

Surely a Monday night game, where it takes two days off work, plus a night in a hotel, would be a more appropriate game than one that is easily doable on a day drip but involves getting home a bit late?

No. These arguments are poor.

This game could be played 3 hours earlier which allows travelling fans to get home at a reasonable time (that’s not true for midweek games).

It shows the utter contempt (or complete lack of consideration) these organisations have for us fans.

So stand up and do something. Let’s stop being pushed about!

We wouldn’t have sold 20k on a Saturday 3pm… so 5:30 on Sunday, might as well call it a boycott!!

Shut up. Why do you feel the need to have everyone doing what you want to do? I am guessing you are a 12 year old with really bad adhd
No, he is a fan trying to stand up for the rest. City and the wankers all signed up to a Super League, we the fans, no one else stopped it. If City fans accept this stupid kick off time so be it but, I will not. I've stated before, because of the shit show in Istanbul I may not even go to home CL's. If we give in games will soon be at 8pm Friday and Sunday 200 miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.