Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that’s you want to call 1894. 3 City Matters Reps also added their names to the boycott. They did consult the other City Matters Reps first before doing that. I do believe. I stand corrected on that.

The club will never get involved in anything publicly. Have the club released a statement about how the City fans were treated by UEFA in Istanbul yet? Just asking as I don’t know. TBH I gave up caring a long time ago about the club and how it treats City fans in general. That’s another discussion. As for the OSC, the less said about how that is run at the top the better.

There’s no point in me going into the pluses and minuses of the boycott. That’s already been done to death. It is what it is. It will play out until the start of the match and afterwards. A week later it will be forgotten about when City play Seville in the Super Cup. Then the season starts in earnest.

We did consult the other City Matters Reps and they didn't want to sign it for a variety of reasons.

The main reason I signed it was this. They could have picked any TV slot and it would have been preferable to 5.30 on a Sunday (including 8pm on a Saturday evening). That time on a Sunday isn't even a regular TV slot, presumably because it's to disruptive for travelling fans.

They knew it would be difficult for fans and they knew plenty of fans would have to miss out making it so awkward, but they did it anyway.

I've never missed a Charity Shield, I really enjoy it as a day out and I'll not enjoy missing this one but frankly I think they're taking the piss.

Without wanting to put down anybody pushing for this boycott, it seems a strange game to pick.

It’s basically an hour later kick off on a weekend, than we’ve all long since accepted is a ‘normal’ time.

Surely a Monday night game, where it takes two days off work, plus a night in a hotel, would be a more appropriate game than one that is easily doable on a day drip but involves getting home a bit late?
That is 3,000 people you are talking about. (Unless you mean home games) Look at the Boxing Day fixtures, teams that are 200 miles apart with no trains. It's gone beyond a joke. As this match is nothing more than a friendly, it's an ideal time to protest.

The current poll result is still around the 83% boycotting.

I know, it’s a snapshot of BM forum members.

In the real City world outside BM, it will be different.

On a serious note.

Good luck to all the seat counters on this one.

Without wanting to put down anybody pushing for this boycott, it seems a strange game to pick.

It’s basically an hour later kick off on a weekend, than we’ve all long since accepted is a ‘normal’ time.

Surely a Monday night game, where it takes two days off work, plus a night in a hotel, would be a more appropriate game than one that is easily doable on a day drip but involves getting home a bit late?
I thinks it’s because a lot more suitable times were available and they decided to choose the most inconvenient one

We did consult the other City Matters Reps and they didn't want to sign it for a variety of reasons.

The main reason I signed it was this. They could have picked any TV slot and it would have been preferable to 5.30 on a Sunday (including 8pm on a Saturday evening). That time on a Sunday isn't even a regular TV slot, presumably because it's to disruptive for travelling fans.

They knew it would be difficult for fans and they knew plenty of fans would have to miss out making it so awkward, but they did it anyway.

I've never missed a Charity Shield, I really enjoy it as a day out and I'll not enjoy missing this one but frankly I think they're taking the piss.
Thank you for confirming Danny.

I thought you had.

I wasn’t 100% sure, I didn’t want to be wrong, and I didn’t want it to be thrown back at me at a later date during the on-going discussion.

No. These arguments are poor.

This game could be played 3 hours earlier which allows travelling fans to get home at a reasonable time (that’s not true for midweek games).

It shows the utter contempt (or complete lack of consideration) these organisations have for us fans.

So stand up and do something. Let’s stop being pushed about!

Mate, every game ‘could’ be played at 3 pm on a Saturday but 30 years ago English football sold its sole to television and we’ve lived with the pros and cons ever since.

I’m not saying it’s right but last season for example there was something like eight league games that you couldn’t get there and back in a day on public transport and I didn’t hear a peep from anyone about it from anyone.

But those who go to the away games, went anyway, booked their time off work, booked their hotels and got on with it. While some on here whinged about how away games are a closed shop.

Now we have a game on a weekend that’s easily doable on a day trip with unlimited reasonably priced tickets and it seems the world has fallen in

I just think it’s a strange game for the shit to hit the fan.

No, he is a fan trying to stand up for the rest. City and the wankers all signed up to a Super League, we the fans, no one else stopped it. If City fans accept this stupid kick off time so be it but, I will not. I've stated before, because of the shit show in Istanbul I may not even go to home CL's. If we give in games will soon be at 8pm Friday and Sunday 200 miles away.
What about 8.00 Wednesday night in Athens? or is that a great trip in the sun, so best not boycott that one. Just don’t go if you don’t want but maybe not expect everyone else to join you as some sort of crusade.
Comparing it to the super league is just bollocks.

The current poll result is still around the 83% boycotting.

I know, it’s a snapshot of BM forum members.

In the real City world outside BM, it will be different.

On a serious note.

Good luck to all the seat counters on this one.
It’s a little misleading as some (many?) of the 83% might not have been going anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.