Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a pre season competition same as our pre season games in Tokyo. Go or don’t go no big deal. No need to whine about it though , we always knew we were playing it and where.
Really, no need to whine about it, you don’t think it’s a legitimate gripe complain about a game in London at 5:30 on a Sunday night?
Most would like to go but the FA have given the blues a big fuck you.
I was going but I’m not going now and I will whine away.

At what point would people make a stand ? What’s to stop ITV making it a 7.45 kick off next season- what would people say then ? We have more power collectively if we just realise that.

Remember 2012 charity shield at Villa.
1.30 pm kick off. Chelsea couldn’t even sell out. So maybe if the London teams were asked to do what we do they would also say enough is enough.

More fool the man who ever contemplates believing what a Scouser says.
The scousers did a mass walk out on 77 minutes in protest at ticket prices a few years ago.

The scousers were with us regarding the disgraceful Euro Super League .

Like them or not they didn’t roll over when they were pissed off about an issue.

I couldn't go even if I wanted to due to work, If I did have the opportunity to go I would boycott it but would also boycott the ITV screening.
Here's why. As you all know ITV would have a real big say in the day and time of the kick off and have chosen such to maximise viewing figures in order to appise potential advertisers. I would suspect that most of the advertising will now be secured and in place.
Here's the crux, if those of us who boycott then sit and watch the Game on ITV then we are only serving to push those viewing figures up even more. The end result is the cycle will never be broken
The FA will continue giving games to the likes of ITV, games will be played on stupid days at stupid times. Attack all sides if you really want to make a difference Blues.

Some funny posts as ever in this thread. Because we played Macclesfield away 25 years ago we should just put up with whatever ridiculous scheduling the FA throw at us? They’re taking the fucking piss, the game could have been at any time over that weekend.

I’d already made my mind up I wouldn’t go once the kick off time was announced before this boycott started, absolutely no issue if you want to go down and support the boys though. We live in a free country. If you want to go, go if not don’t, easy concept.

Not been funny but why would anyone have to take Monday off work, unless they were desperate for a lie in ?

Do people generally book a days holiday every time they’re not in bed by 11 pm?
Depends what time they're up for work.

I completely agree with the boycott but with the new fans and tourists we have we will end up with lots still going. Just enough to make it look like we couldn't sell out and will invite more empty seat jibes.

Need to market this far and wide and hopefully even southern based blues boycott it.

Look I know why this as become an issue we have played at Wembley something like 24 times in the last ten years ? Correct me if I’m wrong? No one complained eleven years ago when we got there ! I’ve missed 2 of our visits it’s cost me a small fortune I have stayed at the holiday inn the ibis the Hilton and have booked the Hilton for this game , I’m taking my dad who is 80 he may never see this again and I’m 51 I might not ? Who knows? Look they will never change this venue for anyone! If Newcastle or Sunderland were playing there for this game they wouldn’t complain because they don’t go that often! No disrespect to them, why all of a sudden have you lot decided you want the venue changing because you can’t be arsed going Wembley anymore! I’m just thinking of walking out of York away ! Yes I was there before you ask. If you don’t want go that’s fine but let’s not have our team who have just won the treble have no one to support them , this season has been unbelievable and you may never see this again in you lifetime! I won’t ? I know my dad won’t and I think you lot doing this need to give your heads a wobble ! I know money is tight it’s your choice but city need us to sing for them or there is no city !
I know a home+away everywhere fan who didn’t go to the FA Cup semifinal against United because he didn’t agree with the semis being at Wembley nor the Community Shield game against United because he didn’t agree with the CS being at Wembley.

At the time everyone was flabbergasted that he did that.

He’s never been to an FA Cup semi nor a CS game at Wembley in the time since either. And now everyone is impressed with his dedication to stick by it. He honestly goes everywhere else.

He did go to Villa Park and King Power CS games.

To say nobody complained in 2011 is an incorrect generalisation.

I was a h+a fan but I started boycotting away games in the 00s when clubs started taking the piss with ticket prices; I refused to ever pay over £50 for a ticket and used to email the FSA a lot moaning about it and eventually we got all away tickets down to £30 across the league. Although, our tagline was ‘Twenty is Plenty’ for years, we did eventually get it to £30 but if more people had got behind it (hardly anyone else I knew from our support joined me in boycotting all the over-£50 games).

But the more you make a point about things, things can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.