Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I know why this as become an issue we have played at Wembley something like 24 times in the last ten years ? Correct me if I’m wrong? No one complained eleven years ago when we got there ! I’ve missed 2 of our visits it’s cost me a small fortune I have stayed at the holiday inn the ibis the Hilton and have booked the Hilton for this game , I’m taking my dad who is 80 he may never see this again and I’m 51 I might not ? Who knows? Look they will never change this venue for anyone! If Newcastle or Sunderland were playing there for this game they wouldn’t complain because they don’t go that often! No disrespect to them, why all of a sudden have you lot decided you want the venue changing because you can’t be arsed going Wembley anymore! I’m just thinking of walking out of York away ! Yes I was there before you ask. If you don’t want go that’s fine but let’s not have our team who have just won the treble have no one to support them , this season has been unbelievable and you may never see this again in you lifetime! I won’t ? I know my dad won’t and I think you lot doing this need to give your heads a wobble ! I know money is tight it’s your choice but city need us to sing for them or there is no city !
This is ONE game. And a friendly at that. City don't care about us, the deafening silence on the treatment we endured at the hands of UEFA shows that. People do not need to give their heads a wobble. In life, people have principles and this is the perfect game to stand by them.

This is ONE game. And a friendly at that. City don't care about us, the deafening silence on the treatment we endured at the hands of UEFA shows that. People do not need to give their heads a wobble. In life, people have principles and this is the perfect game to stand by them.
Yep. It’s the clubs fault again ????

The scousers did a mass walk out on 77 minutes in protest at ticket prices a few years ago.

The scousers were with us regarding the disgraceful Euro Super League .

Like them or not they didn’t roll over when they were pissed off about an issue.

Has that worked mate? Not the Scousers, as in has it reduced ticket prices?

What's worse? 5pm on a Sunday kick off time for this game or our own club selling Madrid tickets to a Champions League semifinal to day trippers rather than long term match-going fans? I think we need to look at our own clubs ticketing policy too.
5:30pm on a sunday is a bigger piss take imho

Also the madrid farce has fuck all to do with FA schedulimg of games so not relevant

No in the original message, the poster said City need us. Hence my comment. I never once said it was City's fault.
Sorry. What you actually said - in a thread about the time & date of the Charity Shield match which has been arranged by FA - was

City don't care about us, the deafening silence on the treatment we endured at the hands of UEFA shows that.

Seems like any excuse to criticise the club

I believe it did work. LFC were hiking the prices up , the fans made their feelings known and the club backed down.
Spot on. That one walkout was enough for FSG to back down. That actually came as a bit of a surprise to Spirit Of Shankly and they were planning their next course of action. It's also worth adding that although a lot of people walked out that day, they faced the same arguments and criticism from some of their own fans that we've been seeing on this thread so as well organised as Liverpool fan groups can be, not everybody in their support agrees with them.

They are, as usual, taking the piss out of match going fans. Why? Because they can, they know fans are emotionally involved and to not attend games involving their club hurts them. They rely on that and their loyalty. It's time Pep, the players and the club showed us some. Make a statement saying as much as we love having our fans there we fully understand why they want to boycott this game and are 100% behind this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.