Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t doubt you are correct. But a fixture pile up on the back of a winter World Cup involving a club (West Ham) still involved in the latter stages of European Competition in a league game is not the same as a glorified pre season friendly and cannot be compared.

I wasn’t comparing. The guy said he doesn’t think there’s ever been a game after 5.30 on a Sunday, so I was just pointing out there was one very recently.

I don't think I am. Off the back of a treble, potentially several new signings on show and against Arsenal. It will be popular.
The treble won't affect many eligible fans choice to go or not long term SC holders and older fans don't need trophies to make them turn up
new signings may encourage some I will agree with you on that
playing arsenal an extra time has zero appeal to many, having to play the wankers at all is bad enough and a big reason I was 50/50 before the time anouncement, honestly playing the tarquins means fuck all to me, rather it was by invitation and we chose someone interesting to play.

the venue, day and time are the reasons for a boycott suggestion, but other factors will also put some off with such a long season ahead after it

The cons outweigh the pros imho

I hope that anyone who does attend this game (as they have the right to do) never, ever complains about the day a match is held on or a kick off time again.

This is an opportunity to make a stand and make a difference.
By your reasoning would you say any anybody who doesn't go should never complain how tickets are allocated again.

Last edited:
There will be a number fans who go because it’s their only chance of tickets to a city game these days. No problem with that at all.

My point is that if you’re a season ticket holder or regular game attender who moans about kick off times or match days, this is your opportunity to bring the issue of football fans being treated abysmally to the forefront!

Seething at the kick off time as I'd planned to take the lad to his 1st game at Wembley and couple it up with a day at Legoland on the free day of that weekend. Booked a hotel for Friday and Saturday in Gerrards Cross and everything.

No idea what to do now as leaving our youngest with grandparents for 3 nights instead of 2 is hardly fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.