Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wembley is at the core of the issue and FA incompetence and their debts is the reason.....THEY WANT US TO PAY FOR IT ALL.

Ask Ncastle fans,if they were champions, if they would like the CS at a packed Sid James Park as a curtain raiser.

Ditto spuds, vanilla, etc & et al.

No fucking aboot with trains,coaches,shit beer and overpriced food in a shit location hundreds of miles from home.

The Champions should have this ‘privilege’ as was traditionally the case and imho we should demand it back and if the FA prevaricate go native with militant actions that attracts media coverage.

Visualise a packed Etihad at concessionary ticket prices and all proceed going to deserving Manchester charities,trophies being paraded etc.

Am I wrong. Am I WRONG. AM I WRONG !!
The problem is many Tarquins will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of extra tickets, so no support from them and compare this to when the cockneys were in uproar when they had to travel to the swamp for semis and the national media gave full support to their complaints. The hypocrisy and childish point scoring between rival fans does nothing to encourage change.

Wembley is at the core of the issue and FA incompetence and their debts is the reason.....THEY WANT US TO PAY FOR IT ALL.

Ask Ncastle fans,if they were champions, if they would like the CS at a packed Sid James Park as a curtain raiser.

No fucking aboot with trains,coaches,shit beer and overpriced food in a shit location hundreds of miles from home.

The Champions should have this ‘privilege’ as was traditionally the case and imho we should demand it back and if the FA prevaricate go native with militant actions that attracts media coverage.

Visualise a packed Etihad at concessionary ticket prices and all proceed going to deserving Manchester charities,trophies being paraded etc.

When you say 'traditionally', what you mean is from what you remember as a youngster...
The only real 'tradition' that can be claimed is the it has had various formats, locations, days and kick-off times.
It was generally a midweek, evening match played in October or November until 1959 when it became the Saturday 'curtain raiser.'
Your stated demands, in other posts, for a return to a 3pm, Saturday at the home of the champions, was only a 'tradition' for 14 years, and for 3 of them the champions declined to take part! (The champions haven't taken part on 11 occasions, for various reasons.)This is the period when you where aged 8(ish) to 22, so what you call 'tradition' is just the period you remember when you were growing up...

Are you wrong to be suggesting reconsidering alternatives to Wembley as a venue? NO

In '74 it was agreed to use Wembley and make it 'compulsory' for the champs to take part. Even then, it rarely filled out, with only 10 of the 27 'old' Wembley fixtures recording gates in excess of 80,000 and only 5 of those were above 90,000! 60,000 seems to be about the average.
Since new Wembley opened, attendance has only dipped below 70,000 once, which was the 45,000 for us v Leicester. Its probable that COVID played a part in that, but it still beats the 40,000 figure for Everton v Blackburn at old Wembley in '95!
Out of the 14 fixtures played at 'new' Wembley the only CS gates below 80,000 have been for our games there. I think that's indicative of our general take it or leave it attitude to the CS at Wembley. But it does still provide a great opportunity for fans that wouldn't normally get to experience Wembley to see what it's like, but the novelty will wear off in the not to distant future.
At some point, attendances will start to dip to the 60,000 mark and holding it at Wembley will seem less of a 'necessity'.

What I'd like to see is for the two qualifying teams to be given the opportunity to decide if they want the match to go ahead there. If not, and a suitable neutral venue can't be agreed upon/found, they reach agreement on who will host the match ( I think it was previoysly held at the home ground of the cup winners on 3 occasions).
Ideally, play the match on a Saturday with a kick off no later than 5:30. If TV demands a Sunday, no later than 3pm at Wembley or 4:30 at another venue.

Support your team that have just won the treble! Or just do one! 42 years I’ve been watching city ! My dad first took me in 78 when I was 6 you kids from this stupid group need to see what we have been through ! He is now 79 I’m taking him to Wembley to watch this game and if it’s empty because of your spoilt years watching the new era you are ruining this club ? Get a grip!

Wrong. WrOnG. WRONG....You are missing the point and long term objective.

Would Arse fans,if they ever win the league, prefer to be at home in front of a bouncing 60000 or treck across laaandaaan to shitty soulless Wembley at extra cost ?

This no longer about times,days and Wembley. It’s about dropping Wembley COMPLETELY and giving The Champions the ‘prestige of a curtain raiser NOT THE FUCKING FA !!

Traditionally this was the case until the incompetent FA almost bankrupted themselves with the white elephant, Wembley.

The Champions and host club should then be able to select which local (Manchester) charities they wish to donate to.

Please concentrate on the war not the battle !!

Support your team that have just won the treble! Or just do one! 42 years I’ve been watching city ! My dad first took me in 78 when I was 6 you kids from this stupid group need to see what we have been through ! He is now 79 I’m taking him to Wembley to watch this game and if it’s empty because of your spoilt years watching the new era you are ruining this club ? Get a grip!
Most cogent and helpful.

Just remind us again what you’re suggesting and why ??

Wrong. WrOnG. WRONG....You are missing the point and long term objective.

Would Arse fans,if they ever win the league, prefer to be at home in front of a bouncing 60000 or treck across laaandaaan to shitty soulless Wembley at extra cost ?

This no longer about times,days and Wembley. It’s about dropping Wembley COMPLETELY and giving The Champions the ‘prestige of a curtain raiser NOT THE FUCKING FA !!

Traditionally this was the case until the incompetent FA almost bankrupted themselves with the white elephant, Wembley.

The Champions and host club should then be able to select which local (Manchester) charities they wish to donate to.

Please concentrate on the war not the battle !!

Wemblexit means Wemblexit...

We need to demonstrate a structure and strategy of professionalism and pragmatism....not uncoordinated,enthusiastic amateurs.

The FA, City, media etc will now keep their heads down and hope this all fizzles out through the summer.

We need to be militant disrupters and target FA assets etc.

Mancunians are famed World wide for our belligerence and support of worthwhile causes.

It was that mentality that stuffed scousers with the Manchester Ship Canal, fought the military police at Peterloo, backed the abolition of slavery and spawned the spirit of Emily Pankhurst.

This campaign needs a NATIONAL IDENTITY to rally behind and a credible personality the front it.

The BLACK FLAG CAMPAIGN has a ring to it and others will have ideas regarding a front man or woman to front it.

If there are 50 fans prepared to lobby the FA offices at their head quarters at St George's Park,Burton on Trent, I'll organise and pay for a return coach journey.

A half day demo,with media presence, will raise the profile and alert the FA to the fact that we know where they 'live'.

A coordinated 'visit' to Wembley can also be considered.

'If you don't stand up for something you'll fall for everything'

Thoughts ?
We need to get a movement going. If City fans are the first to start it, then great.

All finals and final days of the season should be a Saturday at 15.00.

All FA Cup semifinals and Community Shields should be played at a stadium that’s a fair distance between the clubs playing.

All tickets should be price capped; season and matchday, semis and finals. Ticket prices should not be allowed to increase over a certain percentage from one year to the next.

If flight, train and coach prices go up due to a football match, a combination of clubs and governing bodies should subsidise them so fans can afford to go at the standard rate.

Football fans have been taken the piss out of for too long, and the fans of other successful clubs who are affected the most have done absolutely sod all about it for the wider game (Liverpool and United fans have internally gone against their clubs to make changes for themselves but done nowt for the wider football audience). So maybe it’s time we did demand the changes for the good of football?

This isn’t about City. We just happen to be City fans and City just happen to be the team playing in the game that has lead a set of fans to finally say ‘enough is enough’.

Maybe ask City fans before asking other fans, just a suggestion. Why all the anger about it being at Wembley now not over the last few years , is just 'cause you're bored of going now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.