Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main bone of contention was the original 5:30pm kick off. (and getting back to Manchester after the game on a Sunday night) The FA gave no thought about City fans.

Lo and behold, when the boycott was announced the FA decided they could move the kick off time back to 4pm, which they could have done initially. Apparently the FA had a lot to consider before announcing a 5:30pm kick off, but one of those considerations wasn’t City fans.

I’m not disputing any of that. In fact it’s re-enforcing my point. Which probably wasn’t worded very clearly.

Reactions: jrb
The core is priority through the loyalty points and under 25 system as it was for this game. City are growing locally as well. Nobody is being excluded. New people are taking up the slack. That's all. Nobody is being replaced unless they want to give up going for whatever reason.

Sorry mate, but I don’t agree with your point about nobody is being excluded. Short and long term lots of city fans are being excluded. Plenty of people can’t travel to London on a Sunday night or afford the cost of the travel and tickets. (I know the tickets are reasonably priced - it’s still expensive overall)

Long term it’s an issue as it means the club can pretty much charge whatever they like and the fa or premier league can put fixtures on at any time they want. Knowing football ‘spectators’ will probably buy tickets.

I think it’s a massive issue for all football fans who are being forgotten about

The club are also aren’t selling season tickets and are snapping them up when someone stops going - to turn into expensive match day tickets. That in itself is having an effect and stopping fans who might have attended previously. there’s also a whole list of things I could mention (advertising boards replacing seats for instance)

I get what your saying, but I’m struggling to support this fixture or things surrounding it

Last edited:
The vast majority of City fans rarely go to any away games. If only the week in week out fans ever went to Wembley, they’d never be more than a couple of thousand there.

Therefore every Wembley game is filled with fans who rarely go anywhere outside of the Etihad. Those going to this game aren’t buying “their” tickets. They’re buying the tickets that their demographic buy for every Wembley game.

The criteria normally works through cup scheme members before moving onto seasoncard holders with so many points. Wembley usually gets to possibly match day members who have attended so many games? Day 3/4 of sales and we’re already onto match day members who have attended 0 previous games. It’s been shown that 2-3000 season ticket holders bought tickets for this game, as opposed to the usual 20-25,000 season ticket holders. The remaining tickets have been snapped up by fans who aren’t at the Etihad week in week out. Not saying they all aren’t city fans, but the majority won’t be.

A lot of “week in, week out” fans who I know have sacrificed personal records and achievements by boycotting this game, only to be undermined due to fans who rarely go to games buying their tickets, something which has been made easier by the club who have absolutely no consideration for this boycott.
There are also a lot of "week in, week out" fans who I know who are going to the game.
This team has just had their most successful season in the clubs history, and this will be the first chance most fans will have to see them after that fantastic achievement.
This team deserves our support.

Sorry mate, but I don’t agree with your point about nobody is being excluded. Short and long term lots of city fans are being excluded. Plenty of people can’t travel to London on a Sunday night or afford the cost of the travel and tickets. (I know the tickets are reasonably priced - it’s still expensive overall)

Long term it’s an issue as it means the club can pretty much charge whatever they like and the fa or premier league can put fixtures on at any time they want. Knowing football ‘spectators’ will probably buy tickets.

I think it’s a massive issue for all football fans who are being forgotten about

The club are also aren’t selling season tickets and are snapping them up when someone stops going - to turn into expensive match day tickets. That in itself is having an effect and stopping fans who might have attended previously. There’s also the ridiculous match day prices but that’s another argument

I get what your saying, but I’m struggling to support this fixture or things surrounding it
I don't think we are far apart in opinion. My point is it's football and it's market forces. I am not political about football because it ends up with FC United tools. I have missed less than ten home games in any competition since 1974 and have lived away for some time however that was my choice. It's not the NHS for example, something that really matters in the end.

The criteria normally works through cup scheme members before moving onto seasoncard holders with so many points. Wembley usually gets to possibly match day members who have attended so many games? Day 3/4 of sales and we’re already onto match day members who have attended 0 previous games. It’s been shown that 2-3000 season ticket holders bought tickets for this game, as opposed to the usual 20-25,000 season ticket holders. The remaining tickets have been snapped up by fans who aren’t at the Etihad week in week out. Not saying they all aren’t city fans, but the majority won’t be.

Apart from the four FA Cup finals ( and possibly the United semi ) pretty much all the Wembley games have been a piece of piss for anybody who wants one to get hold of a ticket.

But even ignoring that. My point isn’t trying to deny this game isn’t selling at the pace of other games. It is that the vast majority of people who go to Wembley games aren’t been inconvenienced with tricky long distance trips on a regular basis, as they rarely go to other away games outside of Wembley.

To be fair you say ‘new fans’ - I think a lot of the people attending won’t necessarily be city fans. They will be people there for a day out and for the experience.

I think the ticket criteria is having a big effect. Up to 4 tickets, no previous history either. There’s no way we’d sell this many with our regular ticket criteria.

It’s all about the glory hunters for the club. Sack the legacy fans off

If the legacy fans don't go, and many didn't for loads of champions league games for years, the club have to open up new avenues. These sales are showing the enormous potential of our support. For fans for whom every game is an away game, this is just another game, people don't know how blessed they are to have City on their doorstep

____________Carson____________

Rico_____Akanji__Laporte____Gomez

____________Kalvin__________

______Mcatee_____Kovacic_____

Mbappe______Alvarez________Borges

____________Carson____________

Rico_____Akanji__Laporte____Gomez

____________Kalvin__________

______Mcatee_____Kovacic_____

Mbappe______Alvarez________Borges
Well done, they all play for City.
And if that's the team he puts out ,so be it.
If someone wants to go it's their choice, if you have decided not to go,it's your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.