Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

On the train back, bit disappointed we couldn't hold on, stupid mistake for the goal. But tbh they deserved it. Would prefer to lose that than a league game anyway.

x610.jpg

Re: Blame Mancini

He brought Barry on because we were being horribly overrun in midfield. When Balotelli went off, Yaya was pushed forward so it wasn't as negative as it seemed on paper.

Re: Blame Mancini

ghost305 said:
Man United score 1 goal, he takes out Balotelli for Gareth barry and try to park the bus. I dont understand people blaming balotelli when Mancini is the one who blinked first. United's team in the second half average age was 22 years old. So many players trained up from their academy.

Get a grip man.Were you saying that when his so called negative tactics got us 3rd spot and an FA Cup win? Jeez we have a charity fucking match not the champs league final.

i think that after today the lads should look back on the game and find out were we went wrong and how we let our lead slip like we did.we should just take it as a learning exercise because there's no shame in defeat because the most important thing is how you respond to it and deal with it and learn from it.if we don't learn from that today then we wont progress to the next level.the shite proved today that in any situation they can grab the game by the scruff of the neck and control the pace and the momentum of the game at any given time.we need to learn to do this and be a lot more ruthless with teams weather were 2-0 up or 5-0 up.we had our chance to finish the game off and continue to press united like in the first half at times but we allowed them into the game by not concentrating 100% regardless of the lead we had.as long as we improve and learn from today then we should have a great season....bring on Swansea!

If Agüero only had ten minutes in him, that's 10 minutes. How is he going to get fit when he doesn't get a work out in a simulated game situation?

danburge82 said:
If Agüero only had ten minutes in him, that's 10 minutes. How is he going to get fit when he doesn't get a work out in a simulated game situation?

Bob said he didn't bring Aguero on because we needed Dzeko for the setpieces. Bizarre logic really since we were no more guaranteed to score from a setpiece at that point than any other way. In fact our best hope seemed to be with scoring on a break and that is Dzeko's weakness, he has no pace to play a part in a quick breakaway.

danburge82 said:

I'm sure he'll play anywhere between 45 and 90 minutes midweek for Argentina.

Why were United fitter than us then?

Am i missing something here?.
I've read a lot of posts on the after match and a lot of posters are saying they were fitter etc, as if they had another week/fortnight's preparation than us.

Unless i'm going senile we finished our season on May 22, therefore we have had ELEVEN WEEKS lead up to this game, take away the 3/4 weeks break after last season.

So their was no euro/world cup to take into the equation so why were United at least 20% fitter then?, training methods?, more attention to detail?, more energetic players?
I'm also baffled as to why BM is saying Aguero is not match fit!, he's just come back from the Copa America

I'm sorry it's not good enough, some may say oh it was just a friendly but surely we should be attaining near 100% fitness now with the season starting next week and Mancini again drip fed and gaffed by saying this before the game to the press just like last season when he said some stupid things. This is counter productive because the players start believing this!

Mancini needs to start being more positive off the pitch and not make excuses before the match has begun.

Re: Why were United fitter than us then?

Probably a superior fitness regime, they looked sharper in early pre-season than us too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.