Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

9fba8acfcece4dcfd8cacd1bf52e711d.jpg

They’re taking it well then.
Aw bless. Is Kev about five?

Just listening to it back a little, and usually I find Ally McCoist a decent co commentator but yesterday he was crawling so far up united that he often left himself exposed to ridicule.

Three times he goes on about world class amazing passes from United, then goes quiet as each time the ball is easily collected by a city player. Surely for a pass to be world class, it has to find it's target Ally?

Both teams are missing players.... United Hojlund, City Foden, Walker and Stones. Doesn't mention Rodri, Alvarez, Grealish...

But he's probably still better than most of them out there.

There was obvious concerted effort to big up the rags yesterday ahead of the new season. That's fine, lift them up higher please, it only makes the splat more entertaining when they fall back down to earth.

Yes, he is so much potential in the CM space. The fact he is getting name checked and game time is very encouraging
I agree. He has the knack of players positioning and the strength to step in. What did surprise me a little was his control and passing two things I'd expect an academy graduate to show in bundles, but it was only one game.

Just had to remember to do the simple things first don't take on an entire team, win it, pass it. Can put it down to over-eagerness and some things to work on in training, but he has shown arguably half the skill set we require in that position, and it's the half that can't easily be taught.

I agree. He has the knack of players positioning and the strength to step in. What did surprise me a little was his control and passing two things I'd expect an academy graduate to show in bundles, but it was only one game.

Just had to remember to do the simple things first don't take on an entire team, win it, pass it. Can put it down to over-eagerness and some things to work on in training, but he has shown arguably half the skill set we require in that position, and it's the half that can't easily be taught.

I'm going to guess that maybe against players his similar age his strength and size are an enormous advantage which is not the same in the mens game. Now he will obviously need to adapt quickly and focus on speed of thought

Anyone else have big issues on the M6? We had a 40 minute delay just before Hilton Park services where they took 3 lanes into one, to then have 2 lines of cones for 200 yards and then back to 3 lanes, 40 minutes for nothing. Then from south of Stafford all through Staffordshire and Cheshire 50mph limit yet there was very little traffic. Stupid cunts. Added an hour to our journey.

As someone who travels up from SE Kent to the Etihad that sounds about normal.

Anyone else have big issues on the M6? We had a 40 minute delay just before Hilton Park services where they took 3 lanes into one, to then have 2 lines of cones for 200 yards and then back to 3 lanes, 40 minutes for nothing. Then from south of Stafford all through Staffordshire and Cheshire 50mph limit yet there was very little traffic. Stupid cunts. Added an hour to our journey.
Yeah, but just think how many of United's home fans will get pissed off by having to do that journey next Friday afternoon. Well worth it just for that.

Look at the bigger picture. You took one for the team.

Breaking news : The open top trophy bus parade arranged by Trafford council has been cancelled due to the failure ( again) to win the trophy .A spokesman for the council also said they were now going to sell the bus due to it not being used since 2013 in which time there had been six Prime ministers, a pandemic the list is endless.

Makes me sick to the stomach, the same as seeing Wilcox there as well. I know they're not City fans but how can you work to make our club the best in the world then fuck off to our bitterest rivals?

Fuck them, they’ve made a mistake and know it.

Same with Brailsford for me, I admired him for what he did at Team Sky, now he's sat there on his little plastic throne at the swamp knowing everything's a shit show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.