Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

Oh heckle meckle, I'd want to see our lads but not give money to that lot. I will petition against them getting any money from tax payers. There was me thinking my demonstrating days were long gone!! Mind you I'd only sign the petition probably not demonstrate.
I reckon back in the day you were outside Maine Road shouting "What do we want? Swales Out! When do we want it? Now!"

;-)

As many have said we are at Wembley a hell of a lot these days and it's only a just over a couple of months since we were last there. Our abject performance that day and the fact we normally go in half baked in the charity shield and lose had many thinking it wasn't worth the time and expense. Luckily our recent success means we now sell out for such games as the tourists take up the slack.

When we weren't very good a trip to Wembley was just a dream we were never going to live. That's why even a third tier play off final we took 46,000 and could have doubled it if allowed. That was old school Blues back then as well, no tourists.

Saturday was the future and it's what the club appear to want. Maybe if the tourists become regulars their passion may increase, who knows?
Half the fuckers near us weren’t supporting City one shit stain was crying when we won the penalty shoot out, so I’m extremely doubtful they’re the future of our club.:-(

In Cornwall at present caught the last 20 mins and pens, and it struck me the many thousands of tourists in our end. Seemed to be a real apathy for this game, celebrations very muted when we won the shootout. It said it all about the interest in this game when only 2 members of our supporters branch out of 130 wanted a ticket
Without those tourists we would have had thousands of empty seats so better than that!

Just seen this. Good pic. Maybe you should put the lad on every post-match thread (when City win)?
It'd take the place of the famous "God wills it!" that was popular a while ago.
I’ll see what I can do, though, the photography will all be on this missus and he can be a wee bashful lad when the camera is pointed in his direction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.