Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

All things being equal I would very DEFINITELY have been there on Saturday if this old body would let me (no violins just truth). I loved every visit I made to Wembley, even Wigan and getting soaking wet and the Eccles coach nearly leaving me behind! After that I made a weekend of it in one of the Wembley hotels.
I’d be back like a shot if I could. It’s Manchester City after all.

THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD.

Sorry, I realise it can be expensive and I’m lucky now but I’m making up for the years when I couldn’t afford to go. Apologies if I offend anyone. Not my intention. :-) ;-)

I got huge pleasure at the match watching the anguish of their fanbase. Perhaps I am just an old bitter blue but I enjoyed their reluctant guard of honour as much as our trophy lift. It was my 93rd Derby match and I will never get tired of beating them.
And it's for this reason why any type of win trumps a "good performance" in any competition against this lot for me personally.

A Night At The Opera is my absolute favourite album.

And while I think side two of A Day At The Races is the best of all, it’s let down by side one, Tie Your Mother Down, excepted.
I used to have all the albums mate, loved em ..
I’m with you regarding Night at the Opera, Bohemian Rhapsody album … What a song..!

Very strange City end yesterday. One guy was stood up singing Country Road not aware its Uniteds song.
Strange day yesterday I'd say at least half were tourists in the City end. I had 3 Muslim girls near me really getting into it and singing City songs which was nice to see. At least they bolsted our support. Hardly seen any City fans driving down and Warwick services was s wash with Red. Not surprising with the amount of visits to Wembley and this being a glorified friendly. Turned out to be a great day though and stayed over in Watford. First time I've been in the Green Man, as well. Better beer than just cans of Stella being served inside Wembley
I didn't think I'd care about the result but I went bonkers after we equalised, they celebrated their goal like they'd won the Champs League which really irked me and just confirmed no game is a friendly against these
Got to admit I sing
Take me home Shankill Road
To the place where I belong
West Belfast Northern Ireland
Take me Shankill Road.
My grandparents always sang that being born over the water. CTID

Got to admit I sing
Take me home Shankill Road
To the place where I belong
West Belfast Northern Ireland
Take me Shankill Road.
My grandparents always sang that being born over the water. CTID
The best version of Country Rd I heard was Swinton Rugby at Wigan.
Take me home to Station Rd.
A lament to a much loved lost ground which could be sung by City. Stoke, Wigan Rugby , West Ham and many more.

Some will say me starting the post-match thread is just an excuse to (again) share this photo taken of my son—who will be three in two weeks—inadvertently recreating the infamous young Haaland photo whilst watching the match today.

And they would be right.

dlOeHfs.jpg
Just seen this. Good pic. Maybe you should put the lad on every post-match thread (when City win)?
It'd take the place of the famous "God wills it!" that was popular a while ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.