Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

All things being equal I would very DEFINITELY have been there on Saturday if this old body would let me (no violins just truth). I loved every visit I made to Wembley, even Wigan and getting soaking wet and the Eccles coach nearly leaving me behind! After that I made a weekend of it in one of the Wembley hotels.
I’d be back like a shot if I could. It’s Manchester City after all.

THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD.

Sorry, I realise it can be expensive and I’m lucky now but I’m making up for the years when I couldn’t afford to go. Apologies if I offend anyone. Not my intention. :-) ;-)
Yer might find that yer'll only need a tram if Lord Free Lunch Coe gets our taxes and 'regenerates' that heap o' shit by the Bridgewater Canal - The Wembley of the North! Only be a couple o' years before the Rags are agitating for the FA Cup Final to be played there! We'll no doubt be in it - v West Ham?

Got to admit I sing
Take me home Shankill Road
To the place where I belong
West Belfast Northern Ireland
Take me Shankill Road.
My grandparents always sang that being born over the water. CTID
I sing a slightly different version

Fuck off home United scum
To the place you belong
Kent and Sussex
Surry, London
United scum fuck off home

Yer might find that yer'll only need a tram if Lord Free Lunch Coe gets our taxes and 'regenerates' that heap o' shit by the Bridgewater Canal - The Wembley of the North! Only be a couple o' years before the Rags are agitating for the FA Cup Final to be played there! We'll no doubt be in it - v West Ham?
Always thought Coe was a twat , very much an Ovett fan , never wanted him to win even if he was The only English runner. The good people of Cornwall voted out the Tory twat yet like Beckham he still turns up like a bad penny as if he still mattered. He has no connection to Manchester and as he is a Chelsea fan seems to want to involve himself with Chelsea Jim's plans for the Wembley of the north. If the rags want a new ground let them build it like Spurs did but stop involving everyone else.

As many have said we are at Wembley a hell of a lot these days and it's only a just over a couple of months since we were last there. Our abject performance that day and the fact we normally go in half baked in the charity shield and lose had many thinking it wasn't worth the time and expense. Luckily our recent success means we now sell out for such games as the tourists take up the slack.

When we weren't very good a trip to Wembley was just a dream we were never going to live. That's why even a third tier play off final we took 46,000 and could have doubled it if allowed. That was old school Blues back then as well, no tourists.

Saturday was the future and it's what the club appear to want. Maybe if the tourists become regulars their passion may increase, who knows?
And if we drop to mid-table they will all fuck off somewhere else.

As many have said we are at Wembley a hell of a lot these days and it's only a just over a couple of months since we were last there. Our abject performance that day and the fact we normally go in half baked in the charity shield and lose had many thinking it wasn't worth the time and expense. Luckily our recent success means we now sell out for such games as the tourists take up the slack.

When we weren't very good a trip to Wembley was just a dream we were never going to live. That's why even a third tier play off final we took 46,000 and could have doubled it if allowed. That was old school Blues back then as well, no tourists.

Saturday was the future and it's what the club appear to want. Maybe if the tourists become regulars their passion may increase, who knows?
Personally I thought there was a lot more kids with families than tourists on Saturday.
Great game for the kids to go too.

Oh heckle meckle, I'd want to see our lads but not give money to that lot. I will petition against them getting any money from tax payers. There was me thinking my demonstrating days were long gone!! Mind you I'd only sign the petition probably not demonstrate.

Always thought Coe was a twat , very much an Ovett fan , never wanted him to win even if he was The only English runner. The good people of Cornwall voted out the Tory twat yet like Beckham he still turns up like a bad penny as if he still mattered. He has no connection to Manchester and as he is a Chelsea fan seems to want to involve himself with Chelsea Jim's plans for the Wembley of the north. If the rags want a new ground let them build it like Spurs did but stop involving everyone else.
I’ll never understand why we voted him in in the first place.

An absolute waste of space as an MP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.