Community shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ballot system is only a fairer way if you haven't got enough points to get a ticket. It's not that fair if you've spent fortunes following the team around the country. And does anyone really trust the City ticket office to competently run a ballot? They are barely capable of selling the tickets as it is
It’s fair because the loyalty points system on shows loyalty from about 2001 onwards. People spend a lot of money in the 80s and 90s, some earlier (some A LOT earlier) on City and didn’t get the points. Anyone with good points now were just coincidentally of an age and situation when points were at “zero” to get the points.

I feel for all the blues out there who can't go because of money issues, I'm going due to getting that bet up on City scoring over 103 goals, my issues on this forum is those who post 5 or 6 times saying " I can't be arsed going" etc we all heard you the first time so pls leave the forum.

With all this negativity will there be a poor atmosphere before hand or will places still be rocking with fans not having a dose of city for a few months?
This will be my 7th time at Wembley watching city and every time I've been to the Green Man. Anyone know of anywhere else to go before hand that they have had a better time with a great atmosphere? Just trying to make the most of the day.
Will be traveling there early from Bedford and will be in London about 9am if anyone has any recommendations?
Thanks

It’s fair because the loyalty points system on shows loyalty from about 2001 onwards. People spend a lot of money in the 80s and 90s, some earlier (some A LOT earlier) on City and didn’t get the points. Anyone with good points now were just coincidentally of an age and situation when points were at “zero” to get the points.

And its hardly a loyalty points system when you can double up your points by paying an extra 50 quid.

Good point about the psyche of some fans who probably never even think about away matches as they have grown accustomed to not being able to attend. The club loses out there as those fans as you say have found other ways to spend their money and it becomes an issue for matches such as the community shield or the few matches smaller away matches the regulars bail out on.

The quantity of our support had gone up and the quality down over the last few years but thats the price of success.

Some people genuinely wont have the money(young families etc)but this is a national game so if you can get there you should if you call yourself a supporter.

I know Pep would appreciate the support and quite frankly after last season he deserves it.

To those going I salute you all!

With all this negativity will there be a poor atmosphere before hand or will places still be rocking with fans not having a dose of city for a few months?
This will be my 7th time at Wembley watching city and every time I've been to the Green Man. Anyone know of anywhere else to go before hand that they have had a better time with a great atmosphere? Just trying to make the most of the day.
Will be traveling there early from Bedford and will be in London about 9am if anyone has any recommendations?
Thanks

Most of the negativity won’t be travelling to London.

I am going to the Green Man. Gormthe Arsenal final we went to the Wether spoons in Farringdon that was a decent mix of City and Arse fans, as well as cheap booze

Thanks

Harrow on the Hill is good pre match,only a couple of stops after Wembley and better / cheaper beer.Few Blues there every time ive been.

Think it will be a good atmosphere. Anyone who's made the decision to go is going for a good day out or in a few cases maybe cos they wouldn't normally get to a Wembley game.

Yeah the games not that important and it won't be a strong team but we're still the champions and centurions and be nice to celebrate the new season and meet up again with some Blues. Quite nice not to have the pressure of a cup final or semi where the result does matter!

Completely understand at the same time why people would give it a miss due to cost. Being on a Sunday makes it difficult and expensive to do in the day. If I couldn't stay over for free I'm not sure I'd be going. And likewise if we'd have got the 'wrong' side of the ground I probably would have also saved my money for a different trip.

It's all personal choice. If you can't or simply don't want to go then don't! Live and let live and all that, it's just one game.

I agree that supporters who followed City in the 80's and 90's now have nothing to show for it but that was 20 years ago. People need to build their points up. Platinum should never have been brought in and should be scrapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.