Companies you have learned to despise

More a person than a Co. Philip Green,
I worked at BHS for 3 years as a designer, we knew when he was coming in because we had to make sure all our desks were tidy, for when he did his flyby.
He’d also hold meetings with the staff, rallying the troops for the next battle of the High Street Wars. ( while all along he knew he was going to just run off with all our pensions)
He’d often flounce in, like the fashion industry’s own Napoleon, rant & rave at some women ( often making them cry) it was after one of these occasions that I found myself in a lift with him, just him, the temptation to give him a slap or 10 was very difficult to resist, fortunately for him I should self control.

Cadbury's is a very strong contender in this category. To be honest, the vast majority of UK companies taken over by US businesses are to be avoided imo.
They take the name and impose their version of what has been for 100 years plus. Usually ends up tasting like shit.

I didn’t draw the same conclusion as you. What’s your reasoning for that? Genuine question. Always good to question your own assumptions.
The guy who bought the company made promises he didn’t keep about profit share etc that would have netted the original owners something like $100m .. he took them to the cleaners

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.