Complacency again

nobody seems to have pointed it out in this thread, but the last team to lose three nil in the community /charity shield were un!ted. to arsenal! un!ted went on to win the treble that season.
anyway, my point is, seeing as though our fans didn't seem to consider it an important game, why would the players?

I don't think it helped when our players lined up and ran out. Sent out the wrong message. Some will say as professionals it should not affect their game. In reality it does otherwise why do we bother if our support makes no difference?

Marvin said:
I don't think it helped when our players lined up and ran out. Sent out the wrong message. Some will say as professionals it should not affect their game. In reality it does otherwise why do we bother if our support makes no difference?
Support makes plenty of difference Marvin, hopefully it gives them a point to prove for the season.

Marvin said:
citizen_maine said:
Marvin said:
But Champions are by definition one of the best teams and should be in contention. Ferguson knew how to win and for him this was the biggest issue when a season started.

And despite him knowing that, he didn't win it every year. Maybe it's just not that easy
It's not easy precisely because after you've won something significant in the game it takes the hunger from some players. The best players like Keane, Vieira, Hansen, and the legends in the game just come back year after year and go again.

Cliche, marvin, and one that was trotted out when we lost the title the year before last. That wasn't complacency or hunger, it was poor morale, weak signings and tactical errors. The likes of kompany, hart, zab, yaya, silva, Sergio are born winners. Fierce competitors. They've proved it time and time again. And all of the recent signings look to have the same attitude to me.

How you can doubt them after all they've done for this club is beyond me.

The truth is we have superb management, a brilliant and rounded squad and a happy, competetive culture. We are stronger than we have ever been.

aguero93:20 said:
Marvin said:
Support makes plenty of difference Marvin, hopefully it gives them a point to prove for the season.
There is that. I don't think they would have enjoyed getting beat any more than we did watching it. Should get a reaction in training and a reminder as to what happens if you're not on your game. But losing is never good.

I remember in the bad old days some City fans would want us to lose before a Derby because they thought that we do better after a defeat

Marvin said:
Marvin said:
There is that. I don't think they would have enjoyed getting beat any more than we did watching it. Should get a reaction in training and a reminder as to what happens if you're not on your game. But losing is never good.

I remember in the bad old days some City fans would want us to lose before a Derby because they thought that we do better after a defeat

Better than losing your club like Scarborough F.C. fans.

Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:
citizen_maine said:
And despite him knowing that, he didn't win it every year. Maybe it's just not that easy
It's not easy precisely because after you've won something significant in the game it takes the hunger from some players. The best players like Keane, Vieira, Hansen, and the legends in the game just come back year after year and go again.

Cliche, marvin, and one that was trotted out when we lost the title the year before last. That wasn't complacency or hunger, it was poor morale, weak signings and tactical errors. The likes of kompany, hart, zab, yaya, silva, Sergio are born winners. Fierce competitors. They've proved it time and time again. And all of the recent signings look to have the same attitude to me.

How you can doubt them after all they've done for this club is beyond me.

The truth is we have superb management, a brilliant and rounded squad and a happy, competetive culture. We are stronger than we have ever been.
100% correct

dobobobo said:
Marvin said:

Better than losing your club like Scarborough F.C. fans.
Tell you what, I was a schoolboy with Wimbledon when all that franchise shit happened, wouldn't wish it on the rags, having your club stolen from you, AFC will always be second only to City.

Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
The OP is a WUM,just not a very good one.
I'm not on the wind-up.

At the start of this season, one of the major things for me that can derail us is City not performing to our max because of complacency. It's what we had in Mancini's final season, capped by the Wigan FA Cup defeat where we just didn't turn up.

My feeling after the game was that we started the Community Shield in the same way we started the 2012/13 season, and I know that is what the majority of fans who went to the Shield game thought. You could see their goal coming and it wasn't because Boyata and Nastasic played but because the midfield and forwards in front of them didn't play as they can.

if you want to brush it under the carpet that's fair enough. I'll log off now as I have no wish to irritate you further

Is there still a foe button somewhere (looked but couldn't find it) because I don't think i can read this drivel all season...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.