Complacency again

aguero93:20 said:
ManCityX said:
aguero93:20 said:
No he's not, he's passionate and wants to see us win every game, same as most. If he takes it harder than most then so what? I shattered my hand punching a wall after we went out of the FA cup in 11/12, that's a far worse reaction, does that make me a "weirdo"?

Losing a competitive game to United in the middle of the season is ever so slightly different to losing a friendly where we played a team that was missing 6 regulars and featured a defender that wasn't good enough for Bolton.

Teams lose games. We lost one. Luckily it doesn't impact our season.
And if you go back to the start of the thread and look at who was the first person to tell Marvin to calm down?
There's too much name calling etc on here, you're having a personal pop at him for being passionate, wind your neck in.

Has your hand healed ?

citizen_maine said:
Marvin said:
citizen_maine said:
So its nothing to do with it being difficult to win in the first place?
But Champions are by definition one of the best teams and should be in contention. Ferguson knew how to win and for him this was the biggest issue when a season started.

And despite him knowing that, he didn't win it every year. Maybe it's just not that easy
It's not easy precisely because after you've won something significant in the game it takes the hunger from some players. The best players like Keane, Vieira, Hansen, and the legends in the game just come back year after year and go again.

ManCityX said:
A post taken from the City v Arsenal friendly match thread from August 2013:

by cibaman » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:18 am

"VK was atrocious in pre season two years ago, especially in the CS. I seem to remember he had an ok season.

The same fitness issues were also raised after the CS defeat in 2011. Those concerns also turned out to be groundless. Its completely misleading to make judgements on fitness levels based on pre season friendlies. The players don't prepare for them like league matches. They don't taper the training to be fresh on the day of the match. They will train hard the day before the match. Apparently Spurs had a full training session on the morning of their game against Sunderland.

City's first league game kicks off two days after Arsenal's. That fact alone will make a difference in the sharpness and apparent fitness of the two teams."

City went on to win the league and the league cup, as well as get to the quarter finals of the FA Cup and make the KO stages of the CL for the first time ever.

Bloody hell, I remember liking that post a year ago.

1z4hc48.jpg

Not yet Daniel.

Losing this game could well be a blessing in disguise. We need to fight for every point, disappointment in a high profile friendly, may give us any early wake up calls that may have been needed. Don't be to disappointed by this result, and enjoy the season.

Marvin said:
The best players like Keane, Vieira, Hansen, and the legends in the game just come back year after year and go again.

Mentioning Ferguson twice clearly wasn't enough. You need to now tell us how great Keane was too. Like I said, please for the love of God, for the sake of humanity, for the children of Bluemoon, stop raping our eyes with your nonsense.

SovietGaz said:
I feel annoyed for the fans who shelled out big for a reserve game, but it's exactly that: Reserves.

Pellegrini started a very depleted side, our second choice keeper (debatable)
4th & 5th choice centre backs, right back was a left back,
Wrong midfield set up for Arsenal's formation and first team strength
Jovetic seemed to play more in the hole, was he there for pre-season?

Arsenal a week a head with training, CL next week against a potential banana skin and a bigger need to grab some silver ware.

Even though Arsenal are expected to go through to the group stage after finishing fourth if they slip up over 2 legs it will be nothing short of a disaster for their season and given the fact that other title contenders don't have to play midweek it could impact on their league form as well.

I am not making excuses for our performance on Sunday it was below par and we certainly didn't take the game as seriously as we could have in terms of commitment and organisation over the 90 minutes vis a vis Arsenal despite the starting eleven we put in place.

Winning trophies no matter their stature in the game is important but I won't lose any sleep over it especially if we get three points on Sunday to kick off a much more important set of fixtures for us than last Sunday.

Marvin said:
citizen_maine said:
Marvin said:
But Champions are by definition one of the best teams and should be in contention. Ferguson knew how to win and for him this was the biggest issue when a season started.

And despite him knowing that, he didn't win it every year. Maybe it's just not that easy
It's not easy precisely because after you've won something significant in the game it takes the hunger from some players. The best players like Keane, Vieira, Hansen, and the legends in the game just come back year after year and go again.

And yet despite their lack of complacency, they didn't win it every year either.

citizen_maine said:
Marvin said:
citizen_maine said:

And yet despite their lack of complacency, they didn't win it every year either.

We are going to lose games each and every season or at least their is very high probability that we will in all competitions we compete in.

All that matters is that you accumulate more points than any other of the 19 other sides over 38 games.

Some players hate losing more than others but irrespective of that its a team game and while certain players like the ones you mentioned could inspire some if not all of their team mates to come up trumps enough times to be regarded as leaders amongst leaders as such they played in sides against sides that while talent wise , trophy wise etc etc that were not as decorated as theirs at the time they still ended up on the losing side.

Our squad is a good squad good enough all things being equal to compete for the title again this year but as many have mentioned winning two out of the last three adds pressure on the squad to do it again and become the third side since 92 to win two on the spin.

History shows its not that easy.

Only Chelsea and Manure have managed it since 92. with only 5 different sides winning the title at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.