Complacency again

ManCityX said:
Imagine acting like Marvin after losing one game and when that one game was a friendly.

Weirdo.
Acting like what?

Is it becoming a crime on here to have an opinion?

Have I said sack the manager, Fernando is out of his depth? No I said we lost because we were complacent, and that the mentality of Champions is important because it's typically a weakness of Champions evidenced by the no. of times the Premiership has been retained

Marvin said:
ManCityX said:
Imagine acting like Marvin after losing one game and when that one game was a friendly.

Weirdo.
Acting like what?

Have I said sack the manager, Fernando is out of his depth? No I said we lost because we were complacent, and that the mentality of Champions is important because it's typically a weakness of Champions evidenced by the no. of times the Premiership has been retained

Shut up. You're making me feel sick with your bleating.

aguero93:20 said:
ManCityX said:

Weirdo.
No he's not, he's passionate and wants to see us win every game, same as most. If he takes it harder than most then so what? I shattered my hand punching a wall after we went out of the FA cup in 11/12, that's a far worse reaction, does that make me a "weirdo"?

Losing a competitive game to United in the middle of the season is ever so slightly different to losing a friendly where we played a team that was missing 6 regulars and featured a defender that wasn't good enough for Bolton.

Teams lose games. We lost one. Luckily it doesn't impact our season.

Marvin said:
ManCityX said:

Weirdo.
Acting like what?

So its nothing to do with it being difficult to win in the first place?

ManCityX said:
ManCityX said:

Weirdo.
No he's not, he's passionate and wants to see us win every game, same as most. If he takes it harder than most then so what? I shattered my hand punching a wall after we went out of the FA cup in 11/12, that's a far worse reaction, does that make me a "weirdo"?

Losing a competitive game to United in the middle of the season is ever so slightly different to losing a friendly where we played a team that was missing 6 regulars and featured a defender that wasn't good enough for Bolton.

And if you go back to the start of the thread and look at who was the first person to tell Marvin to calm down?
There's too much name calling etc on here, you're having a personal pop at him for being passionate, wind your neck in.

citizen_maine said:
Marvin said:
ManCityX said:

Weirdo.
Acting like what?

But Champions are by definition one of the best teams and should be in contention. Ferguson knew how to win and for him this was the biggest issue when a season started.

ManCityX said:

And if you go back to the start of the thread and look at who was the first person to tell Marvin to calm down?
There's too much name calling etc on here, you're having a personal pop at him for being passionate, wind your neck in.

You're as deluded as Marvin if you consider this thread to be about "passion".

A post taken from the City v Arsenal friendly match thread from August 2013:

by cibaman » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:18 am

"VK was atrocious in pre season two years ago, especially in the CS. I seem to remember he had an ok season.

The same fitness issues were also raised after the CS defeat in 2011. Those concerns also turned out to be groundless. Its completely misleading to make judgements on fitness levels based on pre season friendlies. The players don't prepare for them like league matches. They don't taper the training to be fresh on the day of the match. They will train hard the day before the match. Apparently Spurs had a full training session on the morning of their game against Sunderland.

City's first league game kicks off two days after Arsenal's. That fact alone will make a difference in the sharpness and apparent fitness of the two teams."

City went on to win the league and the league cup, as well as get to the quarter finals of the FA Cup and make the KO stages of the CL for the first time ever.

Marvin said:
citizen_maine said:
Marvin said:
Acting like what?

But Champions are by definition one of the best teams and should be in contention. Ferguson knew how to win and for him this was the biggest issue when a season started.

And despite him knowing that, he didn't win it every year. Maybe it's just not that easy

ManCityX said:
A post taken from the City v Arsenal friendly match thread from August 2013:

by cibaman » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:18 am

"VK was atrocious in pre season two years ago, especially in the CS. I seem to remember he had an ok season.

The same fitness issues were also raised after the CS defeat in 2011. Those concerns also turned out to be groundless. Its completely misleading to make judgements on fitness levels based on pre season friendlies. The players don't prepare for them like league matches. They don't taper the training to be fresh on the day of the match. They will train hard the day before the match. Apparently Spurs had a full training session on the morning of their game against Sunderland.

City's first league game kicks off two days after Arsenal's. That fact alone will make a difference in the sharpness and apparent fitness of the two teams."

City went on to win the league and the league cup, as well as get to the quarter finals of the FA Cup and make the KO stages of the CL for the first time ever.

My dear friend, please take this logic and vacate the premises immediately. This thread's about "passion" and you clearly have none! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.