Complacency again

Didsbury Dave said:
You all talk melodramatic rubbish. THe season hasn't started yet. It was our reserves, you clowns, with a left back at right back. Even though they were a shadow team, tried to win it but didn't play well for the first half hour. When this happens there really is no need to fall back on silly fan cliches like "lazy" or "complacent". Perhaps just realise that boyata, nastasic and an out of position Clichy are not going to spring us forward like players like vinny and demichelis because they aren't as good.

Ah,nice to see you finally agree with me ref our unnatural right full back !!

Didsbury Dave said:
You all talk melodramatic rubbish. THe season hasn't started yet. It was our reserves, you clowns, with a left back at right back. Even though they were a shadow team, tried to win it but didn't play well for the first half hour. When this happens there really is no need to fall back on silly fan cliches like "lazy" or "complacent". Perhaps just realise that boyata, nastasic and an out of position Clichy are not going to spring us forward like players like vinny and demichelis because they aren't as good.
I agree with you DD

Marvin said:
First 10 minutes at Wembley reminded me of 2012/13

Started the game like we didn't care whilst Arsenal were well up for it

I thought we were a little unlucky as everything Arsenal tried came off, whilst we threatened them more than they did, but nothing fell for us, but that opening spell really annoyed me. You can't start games like that, and it just reminded me of City under Mancini after we won the title.

Newcastle will fancy their chances now, and so they should.

Newcastle have been ripping up trees in pre season

grim up north said:
Marvin said:

I thought we were a little unlucky as everything Arsenal tried came off, whilst we threatened them more than they did, but nothing fell for us, but that opening spell really annoyed me. You can't start games like that, and it just reminded me of City under Mancini after we won the title.

I couldn't give a fuck, and neither should they. If they fancy their chances because boyata and co conceded some sloppy goals, then they are idiots, and our proper players will cut them to ribbons on the break like last season.

I would absolutely love them to go gung-ho against Silva and co.

Didsbury Dave said:
grim up north said:
Marvin said:

I couldn't give a fuck, and neither should they. If they fancy their chances because boyata and co conceded some sloppy goals, then they are idiots, and our proper players will cut them to ribbons on the break like last season.

I was trying to get Marvin to flap a little more, I would lay a substantial bet we would beat them with that team we put out yesterday

Bluemoon115 said:
Just to point out, the same characters were flapping this time last year, and the year before, and the year before.

It's going to be ok.

Haha. You're right of course,

There is no fool like a football fool, as Bluemoon proves on a daily basis.

Didsbury Dave said:
grim up north said:
Marvin said:

I am not convinced that City were complacent or unmotivated but I think Arsenal were desperate to win and got goals at very good times for them.

Chances are that every game we play between now and late May will be infinitely more important than yesterday's game.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
grim up north said:

I am not convinced that City were complacent or unmotivated but I think Arsenal were desperate to win and got goals at very good times for them.

Chances are that every game we play between now and late May will be infinitely more important than yesterday's game.

Unless we have the title wrapped up by the end of April

I don't think its unreasonable to think that we might start slowly given the fitness of players and difficult start. However we did start slowly last season and it turned out alright

If we do start slowly I wouldn't say its because the players are complacent, I'd say its more likely to be lack of preseason

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.