Configuration For The Expansion Of The North Stand - Seating - Standing - Season Ticket & Match Day Ticket Prices

Regardless of the build time, the club have either made their mind up about the North stand seating configuration, season ticket costs, match day ticket costs, etc, or they haven’t yet. The build isn’t important as such. What’s important is when the club makes an announcement to the fans on those things, so the fans can plan if they are moving to the NS or not, where they are moving to the NS, and if they can afford to move to the NS. That’s what the fans will want to know about first and foremost, not about the build of the NS, like we do.

Of course. But we don't know that they have blown it, do we.

Of course. But we don't know that they have blown it, do we.
I’ve never said the club have blown it. Neither have a lot of other people posting on this thread and on the the construction thread. Is there a difference of opinion about how the club has configured the North stand, yes there is, but there’s nothing wrong with that as the fans want different things for the North stand. It’s impossible for all the fans, even the fans who post on this thread and on the construction thread to all want the same thing for the North stand.

I think there needs to be some middle ground here. There are posters who have thrown in the towel on this project, at a time when it's best to take action and try and improve things. There are others too, who are far too trusting in the club's incentives.

We can't wait and see what happens, that will be too late. I completely appreciate 1894 will have first heard about this and had dreams of a 7,000 single tier safe standing expansion where they'd make a racket and we'd have the best atmosphere in the country by a mile. Sign me up for that. However, it's got to be balanced. There are other fans to consider. There are other demographics to consider. And behind all of this is the driving force - increasing revenue. None of it happens if the numbers don't work on the spreadsheet.

But one thing I would highlight, particularly based on some of your posts @jrb is that the 3,000 safe standing "seats" could be increase - the club have stated as much. It all depends on interest.

You've highlighted a number of issues and there could be a number of fans thinking "I don't want to sit in front of a bunch of people standing all game" and look to move. So the 3,000 could become 4,000 or 5,000. It depends on who is interested in moving over there when more information on ticketing/relocating becomes available.

But in the meantime it's certainly worthwhile for 1894 to try and liaise with the club and make some suggestions, because it will be the best area to create an atmosphere. I think there are compromises that are far worse elsewhere personally. You've got the positive of being next to the away fans, but in small numbers, at the front of the SS and separated from other vocal areas. At least being together, makes the noise work from the offset. And I'd expect the club would see more people looking to move into it to create noise if that's the starting point, and equally seeing plenty move out looking for some peace and quiet. With a good section of U21 (should be 18-25) in there, the future could be bright as well.

I think there needs to be some middle ground here. There are posters who have thrown in the towel on this project, at a time when it's best to take action and try and improve things. There are others too, who are far too trusting in the club's incentives.

We can't wait and see what happens, that will be too late. I completely appreciate 1894 will have first heard about this and had dreams of a 7,000 single tier safe standing expansion where they'd make a racket and we'd have the best atmosphere in the country by a mile. Sign me up for that. However, it's got to be balanced. There are other fans to consider. There are other demographics to consider. And behind all of this is the driving force - increasing revenue. None of it happens if the numbers don't work on the spreadsheet.

But one thing I would highlight, particularly based on some of your posts @jrb is that the 3,000 safe standing "seats" could be increase - the club have stated as much. It all depends on interest.

You've highlighted a number of issues and there could be a number of fans thinking "I don't want to sit in front of a bunch of people standing all game" and look to move. So the 3,000 could become 4,000 or 5,000. It depends on who is interested in moving over there when more information on ticketing/relocating becomes available.

But in the meantime it's certainly worthwhile for 1894 to try and liaise with the club and make some suggestions, because it will be the best area to create an atmosphere. I think there are compromises that are far worse elsewhere personally. You've got the positive of being next to the away fans, but in small numbers, at the front of the SS and separated from other vocal areas. At least being together, makes the noise work from the offset. And I'd expect the club would see more people looking to move into it to create noise if that's the starting point, and equally seeing plenty move out looking for some peace and quiet. With a good section of U21 (should be 18-25) in there, the future could be bright as well.
The elephant in the room is that 1894 don't want to move there...the chance to have a proper home end and it appears they have spat their dummy out...why ?

That will come down to the design brief set by the client.
Spurs was simple - wide expanse of seats and atmosphere
Ours was - sky walk, goal line bar, fan zone, GA + tickets, or in lay man’s terms something to extract as much money out of the fan base as possible.
That is the difference
And you dont think Levy at Spurs was thinking pound signs ?

The elephant in the room is that 1894 don't want to move there...the chance to have a proper home end and it appears they have spat their dummy out...why ?
Apart from being in 1894, I’ve explained why I don’t want to move to NSL2. Please accept my explanation.

I don’t want to be stood at the back of NSL2 in front of hotel room balconies, and behind 5000 seated fans. If I wanted to do something similar I’d move to the back of SSL3, minus the hotel room balconies.

Pie in the sky I know. If I had the opportunity to stand at the front of NSL2 with 1000’s of other singers, do drop down banners, wave telescopic flags, showing our support to the team, the rest of the Etihad, and the away fans, and being part of a vocal bridge between NSL1 below and NSL2 from front to back, I would definitely consider moving to NSL2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.