Configuration For The Expansion Of The North Stand - Seating - Standing - Season Ticket & Match Day Ticket Prices

I’m fuming that the away fans in SSL3 get safe standing but home fans don’t. I think I might just start standing the whole game.
The reason the away section of SS3 is all rail seating is that the club were instructed to install it by the ground safety authority.

How do I know this? Because I had a call with a club employee about it (someone far senior than supporter services). There is nothing for the club in putting rail seating in there for away fans.

We were told that one of the reasons for the Flex Season Cards was the no shows from normal season card holders, the flex thing was to ensure that the seats would not be empty.

I don’t see how charging City fans an additional £150 a season will stop no shows happening.

There are numerous reasons why fans don’t show up for a match. Many are genuine reasons.

I missed the Inter Milan game because I came down with flu a couple of days before the match. I took the day off work the following day.

I always thought the ticket exchange was created by the club so City fans who can’t attend matches could sell their PL tickets.(back to the club)

It‘s a shame the club haven’t launched a fan to fan ticket exchange, where City fans who log into their OS account can sell their tickets directly to one another, and the club gets a cut from each resale, instead of the current ticket exchange setup.

Last edited:
I don’t see how charging City fans an additional £150 a season will stop no shows happening.

There are numerous reasons why fans don’t show up for a match. Many are genuine reasons.

I missed the Inter Milan game because I came down with flu a couple of days before the match. I took the day off work the following day.

I always thought the ticket exchange was created by the club so City fans who can’t attend matches could sell their PL tickets.(back to the club)

It‘s a shame the club haven’t launched a fan to fan ticket exchange, where City fans who log into their OS account can sell their tickets directly to one another, and the club gets a cut from each resale, instead of the current ticket exchange setup.
It’s the purchasing of tickets a few weeks before the game that reduces the number of no shows (in this category).

There’s been a fantastic Facebook forum for reselling tickets (outside the official ticket exchange) but it was despised on here because a few tickets for away games were sold yonks ago.

I like digging. Thoughts come into my head and I have to try and find the answer.

Home end seating configurations at other PL grounds.

Spurs new stadium.

Populous was tasked by Tottenham Hotspur Chairman, Daniel Levy, to create a stadium that would surpass the noise levels of the club’s former home, White Hart Lane. In response, the design of the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium goes above and beyond to cultivate an extraordinary sense of place, belonging, and atmosphere.

“Daniel was obsessed with what the atmosphere was going to be like,” explains Tom Jones, Lead Architect. “White Hart Lane was known as having one of the best atmospheres in the Premier League and he didn’t want to lose that.”

In researching the stadium design, Mr Levy and Populous Managing Director Christopher Lee travelled the world, visiting hundreds of sports grounds. Those that most impressed with their atmosphere had a common feature: large, uninterrupted swathes of 'general admission seating' where the most passionate fans came together to sing and chant.

What was the remit to Populous from City? What exactly did City want the NSL2 to offer AND TO BE?

That will come down to the design brief set by the client.
Spurs was simple - wide expanse of seats and atmosphere
Ours was - sky walk, goal line bar, fan zone, GA + tickets, or in lay man’s terms something to extract as much money out of the fan base as possible.
That is the difference

That will come down to the design brief set by the client.
Spurs was simple - wide expanse of seats and atmosphere
Ours was - sky walk, goal line bar, fan zone, GA + tickets, or in lay man’s terms something to extract as much money out of the fan base as possible.
That is the difference

Fucking lol.

Good old people's club Spursy chairman, right old do-gooder he is.

You seem the shit at Spurs? They have a rooftop platform too, starts every game off, and all sorts of shit including go-karting beneath the stands. fml.

Fucking lol.

Good old people's club Spursy chairman, right old do-gooder he is.

You seem the shit at Spurs? They have a rooftop platform too, starts every game off, and all sorts of shit including go-karting beneath the stands. fml.

Compare spurs south stand to our north stand. the club had final chance to provide a ‘home end’ and have blown it.

It’s the purchasing of tickets a few weeks before the game that reduces the number of no shows (in this category).

There’s been a fantastic Facebook forum for reselling tickets (outside the official ticket exchange) but it was despised on here because a few tickets for away games were sold yonks ago.

I appreciate that.

But you still have to pay £150 before you can buy a ticket a few weeks earlier.

I bought my season ticket at the start of the season outright.
I paid an extra £50 for platinum.
I’m in all the cup schemes.
I’m doing everything the club has instigated me to do to protect my loyalty points and the opportunity to get an away ticket.
In doing so I’m repaying Sheikh Mansour on many levels for his investment in the club, stadium, and in East Manchester, just like 10,000’s of other City fans are.
Whether I go to the match or not City have still got my season ticket money, they’ve got my platinum money, and they’ve got my cup scheme money. If I sold my ticket back to the club via the ticket exchange the club will get that match day ticket money as well, minus a 1/19th of it. As a City fan I really can’t do much more financially for the club apart from buy a few beers inside the ground on a match day.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.