Confirmed - Denis Suarez joins Barca

Surely if Barca come hunting our players, thats a clear sign to keep hold of them?

As mentioned, what happened to the holistic approach?

Anthony Kun said:
Surely if Barca come hunting our players, thats a clear sign to keep hold of them?

As mentioned, what happened to the holistic approach?
Not necessarily, they need to sign players to fill their B team for the coming season.

CELTICRORY said:
I think he is just at the wrong age, his time will only come when he is about 24/25 when Silva/Nasri/Navas are all older, while Lopes and Pozo will be 22/23 when our current regulars are older.

I'm struggling to think of many, if any, top class players who didn't make it until 24/25 in the modern game.........

Re: Confirmed - Denis Suarez joins Barce

ColinLee said:
117 M34 said:
LoveCity said:
We have plus we get 20% of the next sale. It's a very lucrative package considering his contract was up in 12 months. City will get over £8million in total if he's good enough to make just 10 first team appearances.
We get money for each 10 games he plays for them. He would need to play 70 or 80 times for us to get the full whack
According to http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=382#.UhcRrtLYfTo it's "City will also receive £685,000 for each first team appearance made by Suárez (up to 10 appearances)" not every 10 games.

I stand corrected, could be great news, however I don't think he will ever play for them.

Does anyone know if the payments for playing games is scrapped if he is sold on again?

Davs 19 said:
CELTICRORY said:
I think he is just at the wrong age, his time will only come when he is about 24/25 when Silva/Nasri/Navas are all older, while Lopes and Pozo will be 22/23 when our current regulars are older.

I'm struggling to think of many, if any, top class players who didn't make it until 24/25 in the modern game.........
Luca Toni and Andrea Pirlo.

Davs 19 said:
CELTICRORY said:

Drogba's one.

Martin* said:
Davs 19 said:
CELTICRORY said:

Luca Toni and Andrea Pirlo.

I suggest that you check when they were both playing first team team , top flight football.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:55 pm --<br /><br />
azlan said:
Davs 19 said:
CELTICRORY said:

Drogba's one.

Depends on where you rate French football but I'll concede there's an argument for that :)

Tim of the Oak said:
Caveman said:
SWP's back said:
Yes he wasn't given a chance which is one of the reasons we got rid of the non-holistic manager.
He barely shone in the EDS so he didn't deserve a chance in the first team. There were better players than him in the EDS.

It doesn't change the point that nobody from the EDS has been given a real chance or is close to getting one.

All shite mate thats why !<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:24 pm --<br /><br />I could put a team of under20's up that would beat any City EDs team, no problem and everytime.

Davs 19 said:
CELTICRORY said:

I think that was exactly the point: he would be about 24/25 when Silva, etc need replacing, whereas the others will be around 22/23.

Plaything of the gods said:
Davs 19 said:
CELTICRORY said:

I think that was exactly the point: he would be about 24/25 when Silva, etc need replacing, whereas the others will be around 22/23.

Fair enough. I don't think he's close to being good enough in any case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.