Confirmed - Denis Suarez joins Barca

Re: Confirmed - Denis Suarez joins Barce

117 M34 said:
ColinLee said:
117 M34 said:
We get money for each 10 games he plays for them. He would need to play 70 or 80 times for us to get the full whack
According to http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=382#.UhcRrtLYfTo it's "City will also receive £685,000 for each first team appearance made by Suárez (up to 10 appearances)" not every 10 games.

I stand corrected, could be great news, however I don't think he will ever play for them.

Does anyone know if the payments for playing games is scrapped if he is sold on again?

It will be scrapped but thats why we have a 20% sell on clause to compensate

He is certainly a talent but it didn't look like he was able to achieve that with us, I think our academy will still need quite a few years before it's able to compete with the best and be able to realise players potential on a large scale. I think players like Denis were simply bought before we were able to utilise them.

Best of luck to him, sounds like we got quite a bit of money too. Hell if we can get this kinda money for all the players who only make a couple appearances in the carling cup we'll be sorted.

the one thing that never changes at this club is that we make bizarre decisions.

this is another one.

I get the feeling that Txiki and Ferran want to sweep the EDS clear of players who were here before they arrived so they can claim more credit for players developed since then. Not only has Suarez gone but the "next Yaya" was never given a chance either.

I hope this is not the case but I have worked in a number of organisations where a new Director or CEO has arrived and anything before that date was consigned to history.

ManCitizens. said:
ban-mcfc said:
the one thing that never changes at this club is that we make bizarre decisions.

this is another one.

£8m for a 19 year old that wouldn't sign a new contract with us?

We only get £8m if Suarez gets to make 10 first team games and I hope he does. If that happens in the future then releasing Suarez will have been a mistake because getting in the Barca midfield suggests a player could play in any club team in the world.

Tim of the Oak said:
ManCitizens. said:
ban-mcfc said:

this is another one.

We only get £8m if Suarez gets to make 10 first team games and I hope he does. If that happens in the future then releasing Suarez will have been a mistake because getting in the Barca midfield suggests a player could play in any club team in the world.
If he makes it or not it's not a mistake on City's part, he doesn't appear to have been happy here(which is born out by his performances this past season). So to get cash for him regardless if he makes it or not(and more if he does) is just good financial sense and more to the point a good move for the lad. I hope he makes it but from what I've seen of him(limited admittedly) he wouldn't have been in the first team without a massive improvement.
We'll always have players that leave and make it somewhere else, so does everybody else. It's just football, move on.

was never really given a chance. I thought young players were going to get a chance this season, but i dont think many will get a chance tbh, which is a shame.

Tim of the Oak said:
ManCitizens. said:
ban-mcfc said:

this is another one.

He's left on good terms though and if there comes a time where Barcelona can't fit him in the team, i'd reckon that we'd have a good chance of getting him back if he makes it. Also, he'd probably develop better in Spain.

ColinLee said:
Tim of the Oak said:
ManCitizens. said:

If he makes it or not it's not a mistake on City's part, he doesn't appear to have been happy here(which is born out by his performances this past season). So to get cash for him regardless if he makes it or not(and more if he does) is just good financial sense and more to the point a good move for the lad. I hope he makes it but from what I've seen of him(limited admittedly) he wouldn't have been in the first team without a massive improvement.
We'll always have players that leave and make it somewhere else, so does everybody else. It's just football, move on.

The issue is that we haven't had a player that made it through the EDS or youth set up for years. Norwich at home would have been the idealntome to hive pne or teo youngsters a run out but it didnt happen. Now Guidetti is being linked with Stoke. The problem is people are
Moving on without being given a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.