Confirmed - Denis Suarez joins Barca

It's not like he's joining the first team. He's joining Barca B, the one that plays for Segunda Division.

Also, I really don't understand why non-Catalan Spanish players waste their time joining Barcelona. They will always have that Catalan bias when it comes to treating players - who they hold on to and give chance and who they just flog down to some other team.

Re: Confirmed - Denis Suarez joins Barce

117 M34 said:
LoveCity said:
Fanny Fart said:
Be interested to see his development over the next few years.

Rumour has it we've inserted a first option to buy him back if barca decide to sell

We have plus we get 20% of the next sale. It's a very lucrative package considering his contract was up in 12 months. City will get over £8million in total if he's good enough to make just 10 first team appearances.
We get money for each 10 games he plays for them. He would need to play 70 or 80 times for us to get the full whack
According to http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=382#.UhcRrtLYfTo it's "City will also receive £685,000 for each first team appearance made by Suárez (up to 10 appearances)" not every 10 games.

So much for the new "holistic" approach. Suarez gone and Rekik on loan when we have an injury crisis.

This is another player who wasn't given a chance I.e. playing attacking midfield in front of an unfit Gareth Barry vs Villa in his only first team game last season.

I look forward to the day when we develop our own players - to play alongside top internationals - but it is clear this is years off.

Tim of the Oak said:
So much for the new "holistic" approach. Suarez gone and Rekik on loan when we have an injury crisis.

This is another player who wasn't given a chance I.e. playing attacking midfield in front of an unfit Gareth Barry vs Villa in his only first team game last season.

I look forward to the day when we develop our own players - to play alongside top internationals - but it is clear this is years off.

I am not sure how much you saw of Suarez but I saw a few eds games and he never controlled a game like a top player might. Yes he is a good player and in the right league he might do well but he was certainly not a shoe in to be a first team regular with City

To all those who say I hope this deal is one we might live to regret. I would say that if he makes it at Barcelona good luuckj to him but we would have got 8m for the pleasure which for a only promising 19 year old is not bad going

Should City be looking to set up a B team similar to Barca in the Chamionship? Would help retain players like Suarez whilst giving them valuable experience playing competitive games in the new City style. Also could be great for our future, having young players with plenty of experience playing in the "Holistic" way ready to step in to the first team when required and ready.

bowieboots said:
Lets hope we don't live to regret this, thought he would break through for us

No doubt we will regret this.

The Regime change was all about bringing through the EDS players. If that's the case it's not a good start that the one player most likely to make it decides to leave and play for Barcas B team rather than thinking he's got a shot of getting into our first team.

Maybe Suarez had already decided to go last year and the new approach is designed to stop this happening in the future.

Alternatively, you could take the view that the Catalans are turning us into Barcas feeder club!

Tim of the Oak said:

I think to be able to bring any kids into the team, you have to be coasting on the top of the league, with a really strong spine that has plently of experience. I was watching the community sheild the other week and Zaha was trying eleventy million step overs and flicks to nobody. Giggs and then Vidic both had a word with him. That's the sort of thing a young lad needs when they are given a chance in the first team. In recent years the domestic cups have been used to blood the young ones at most clubs, but because there is so much pressure on our managers to win a trophy, we can't risk being knocked out, so it's a catch 22 situation. They need the playing time and experience, but at the same time we can't lose the game! Barca have the right idea with a B squad that plays in a lower divison. They get competitive games under their belts.

Time of the Month said:

Yes he wasn't given a chance which is one of the reasons we got rid of the non-holistic manager.

SWP's back said:
Time of the Month said:

Yes he wasn't given a chance which is one of the reasons we got rid of the non-holistic manager.

This. I still don't understand what this "holistic" approach is if we continue to ship off players like Suarez and Rekik.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.