Controversial City opinions

2014/15 season, City were a better team when Frank Lampard played

Is that controversial? Lampard clearly had another season in him which is why we kept him around and delayed shipping him off to New York.

He was pure class for us that season.

Top top player. Less said about his managerial “career” the better.

OK. I will have a go.

If Frank Lampard joins the coaching staff and spends 2 or 3 years working 24/7 with Guardiola, he can become the next Pep.

He understands completely about the midfield, is intelligent, and has the right temperament and man-management skills.

Fire away.

OK. I will have a go.

If Frank Lampard joins the coaching staff and spends 2 or 3 years working 24/7 with Guardiola, he can become the next Pep.

He understands completely about the midfield, is intelligent, and has the right temperament and man-management skills.

Fire away.
Pep won with Barcelona B and in his 2nd year as a manager produced a 4 year dynasty argued as the greatest team to ever play the game.

I don't think Lampard has the tactical vision to ever come close to Pep. Lampard to me should be managing at a club that develops young and sells high but doesnt have any real demands such as Euro success or league titles. He seems to have brought in a few good young players at Chelsea but that was a horrible job for him.

Peps protégé in my eyes is Gundogan.

Tuchel won the UCL with Lampards team, I totally agree regarding Lampard joining Pep's coaching staff this is another reason im gutted we lost Gundo as I feel it would be another replacement for Pep
OK. I will have a go.

Fire away.

Pep won with Barcelona B and in his 2nd year as a manager produced a 4 year dynasty argued as the greatest team to ever play the game.

I don't think Lampard has the tactical vision to ever come close to Pep. Lampard to me should be managing at a club that develops young and sells high but doesnt have any real demands such as Euro success or league titles. He seems to have brought in a few good young players at Chelsea but that was a horrible job for him.

Peps protégé in my eyes is Gundogan.

Well yes, but Guardiola didn't do that from a blank piece of paper. He had how many years working with Cruyff, who had how many years working with Michels?

There is no-one in the coaching staff who can carry the Guardiola torch when he stops coaching City. Two years (hopefully more) to find one.

Stefan Ortega will start at every premier league club expect City and the dippers. He is that good.

Kalvin Phillips, if he get a consistent run of games, will be a very good player in this City side this year.

Rubbish. The term legend is way overused these days.

Will he have a statue or a stand? I can’t see it.
Well we'll see I suppose.

Though your post has reminded me of another controversial opinion I have:

The statues of Kompany, Aguero and Silva were a terrible idea and an albatross round our necks for how we deal with further departing players!

Cancelo will return to City in the absence of any serious bids this summer, rehabilitate himself and go on to win back the hearts and minds of the fans.

Well the OP did ask for controversy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.