Controversial City opinions

Up until now, Foden has been far more effective out wide than in the middle and Pep has been right not to play him there

In a perfect world Pep would have preferred to win the Treble playing a false nine instead of with an out and out striker.

”We’ve got incoming“.

Dias didn't know anything about the clearance in the CL final. It just hit him and fortunately went wide.
Boy, that is controversial! I disagree incidentally. 99 times out of a 100, the ball would have simply bounced off the defender's head for an embarrassing (albeit perfectly understandable) own goal. The fact that Dias managed to direct it round the post tells me that fate was only avoided by way of a superlative piece of defensive brilliance. Perhaps I'm just showing bias towards Dias (see what I did there?).

Deep breath. Gundogan isn't as good as he's made out.

I love him and he's obviously been immense when it's mattered over the last couple of seasons, but to talk about him in the same breath as Modric, Xavi and Pirlo, as Philip Lahm did in The Guardian recently, is revisionist and romantic.

(To be fair, Lahm knows a lot more about football than me, so this is probably bollocks.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.