Controversial City opinions

I’m not bothered at all that we seem to get short changed a little when seeing players. For instance, people boot off when Bernardo is available for only £50m. Or Sane only went for £55m.

We don’t need the money. It’s a smart thing to do.
It is a selling point to players coming to the club, as it shows that we care about them and their careers. It’s a partnership. You deliver for us, and we will deliver for you.

Why would you want to go to a club on a 5 year contract, win a trophy or two for them and then be stuck there as the club puts a massive fee on your head?

Agreed.

For me the whole upturn in fortunes started the minute we hired Sven. I've said it before loads of times but it was him who brought a bit of belief and swagger back to City. Mancini carried that progress forward.

(I have chosen to remove all memory of the useless rag **** who kept the seat warm between their tenures).
Agreed.

For me the whole upturn in fortunes started the minute we hired Sven. I've said it before loads of times but it was him who brought a bit of belief and swagger back to City. Mancini carried that progress forward.

(I have chosen to remove all memory of the useless rag **** who kept the seat warm between their tenures).
Totally agree with this. There was a real sense that Sven was building something.

Totally agree with this. There was a real sense that Sven was building something.
We only won 5 of our final 22 PL games under Sven. In that terrible season under Pearce where we barely scored in the new year, we won 6 of our final 22 games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sven was the big name Thaksin Shinawatra needed to announce himself to the world. His subsequent managerial career has been a disaster.

We only won 5 of our final 22 PL games under Sven. In that terrible season under Pearce where we barely scored in the new year, we won 6 of our final 22 games.
We qualified for the UEFA cup(albeit because we ‘played nice’), finished higher than the previous season, it signified progress for me and a sense of promise.

We qualified for the UEFA cup(albeit because we ‘played nice’), finished higher than the previous season, it signified progress for me and a sense of promise.
We only qualified because we picked up the fewest cards, not because of any actual achievements.

After the post-Psycho, new-owner, new-manager [who was once a bit of a name so brought some hope] and eight or so new signings honeymoon period was over; it was evident that we were still at about the same level we were under Pearce… the amount of wins/points showed that:

Eriksson (from Ireland’s injury time winner against Reading in November onwards):
P24 W6 D8 L10 Pts26

Pearce: P24 W7 D5 L12 Pts26 …and that was with us not scoring at home after NYD.
(That’s ⅔ of the season, not just the run-in or owt)

The honeymoon period was great under Sven, once that was over we were bobbins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.