Corinthians make 35 million bid for tevez (MERGED)

Re: Corinthinians make 35 million bid for tevez

Rammyblues said:
I'd grudgingly let him go there for 37m, on the condition that he doesn't end up back in Europe in the next 5 years. I'm not sure how possible it would be to stop that happening though.

All down to restraint of trade, it is possible but you have to be very careful. If you get it wrong the contract is worthless and we would get jack shit, the alternative method is a sell on clause or a penalty, I suggested a few posts back the penalty should be 13m the difference between us getting 50m if we sold to Europe and selling to Corinthians. Alternative 50% sell on etc only problem with that is if the sell to RM say in three years time for 10m we only get 5m which is why I prefer the penalty clause.

Will be interesting how they want to pay this - maybe oin 37 installments of 1 million a year - seriously the 27 million looks good but we want a sizable down payment and full payment inside 2 years

mcrpogue said:
ninjamonkey said:
tevezskeen said:
not enough!
do they have any players worth part exchanging

This is a very good point. If we are going to accept £10 million less than we are asking for we should be looking at taking a few of their prospects/securing first options on them

South American players have proved to be a pain in the arse for us and we should focus our efforts elsewhere.

Bag the cash and lets move forward.

Think you should EXCLUDE ZAB ! from your statement ?

Re: £35 Million bid from Corinthians for Tevez

colinbellsballboy said:
blupoo said:
colinbellsballboy said:
Apparently,we paid around £25 million for him,and he's on £200,000 a week,i.e,£10 million a year for 2 Years,=£45 million minimum we should accept for him,fucking sick of City taking a hit on every signing we make,we are in a position of strength on this one.

You have to take into consideration the fact he's 2 years older, he's not playing well at international level, and the fact that his goals have financially been a benefit to us. All these factors could be deducted from your valuation IMO.
Yeah,I get all that bp,but surely his stock has gone up in the 2 years since he arrived? and I just don't like the idea that we always seem to sell our best players at a paper loss.

I know what you mean and I hope that this will be the last time this happens. Dead wood is probably the wrong word,but when you look at the type of player that WANT to play for us we're not far behind the "bigger" teams in respect of profile now. Guess that's a price you pay of being the wealthiest club in the world (a cash cow to some)

Rammyblues said:
I'd grudgingly let him go there for 37m, on the condition that he doesn't end up back in Europe in the next 5 years. I'm not sure how possible it would be to stop that happening though.

All down to restraint of trade, it is possible but you have to be very careful. If you get it wrong the contract is worthless and we would get jack shit, the alternative method is a sell on clause or a penalty, I suggested a few posts back the penalty should be 13m the difference between us getting 50m if we sold to Europe and selling to Corinthians. Alternative 50% sell on etc only problem with that is if the sell to RM say in three years time for 10m we only get 5m which is why I prefer the penalty clause.

I couldn't see them agreeing to a 50% sell on clause unless it was just 50% of any profit should they sell him on for more. They will be breaking the bank to sign him as it is.

if true then i think we should snap there hands off. it wil be 13 million less that what we want, does 13million mean much to the sheik? i think not. however he will be out of the way in brasil and so we wont come up against him in the champs league

Impeccable One said:
mcrpogue said:
ninjamonkey said:
This is a very good point. If we are going to accept £10 million less than we are asking for we should be looking at taking a few of their prospects/securing first options on them

South American players have proved to be a pain in the arse for us and we should focus our efforts elsewhere.

Bag the cash and lets move forward.

Think you should EXCLUDE ZAB ! from your statement ?

With due respect most South American players are advised to go to the prem via La Liga and Serie A - bringing these fookers over directly to the prem is too risky

if true then i think we should snap there hands off. it wil be 13 million less that what we want, does 13million mean much to the sheik? i think not. however he will be out of the way in brasil and so we wont come up against him in the champs league

First time in a longwhile that we will have made a profit on a player, we bought him two years ago for what 27m thats 8m profit and for FFPR its a profit of 20m.

This will be paid in installments. So unless there are a hell of a lot of clauses in it, I doubt the club will accept it straight away. With our wage bill, what use is £7m a year?

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
This will be paid in installments. So unless there are a hell of a lot of clauses in it, I doubt the club will accept it straight away. With our wage bill, what use is £7m a year?

Well...i dont think it matters that much as long as we know we will get the money! And a greedy **** off the books.

Then we can sign Aguero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.