Corners

The film said " white men can't jump " well our whole frickin team can't jump.

Look at chelsea who are a huge danger at corner kicks, defended scoring often, then look at ours who are useless.

Bluekiwi said:
BlueSkyBlue said:
Dear Mr Pellegrini,

You and I will both have noticed that our corners have been nothing short of utter dirge for over a year now - I have a couple of suggestions to improve the siutaion.

1. Do not send anyone forward at all - instead, get them to go to their normal position on the pitch.
2. Get the corner taker to simply kick the ball out for a goal kick.

This will stop us wasting our players energy whilst needlessly coming 'up from the back' and reduce the risk of conceding on the counter attack.

Yours sincerely
Blue

Alternately the corner taker could kick the ball back to our players standing in the centre circle so we can start another attack.
Instead of taking the corner we should ask the ref can we have a through in instead as we do better from them.

Ric said:
It's getting so bad now that there's a collective groan where I sit when we get a corner. People are almost willing it to go out for a throw. Not sure how it's got to this, but it feels like both fans and players feel that corners are almost futile. There's virtually no expectation or belief any more that we can score from one.

Still don't understand why our deliveries are so bad. Surely being able to clear the first man and put the ball into a dangerous area from a set piece is a fairly rudimentary skill for a professional footballer. Unfathomable why it's seemingly beyond such a talented group of players.

But the aim is to only just beat the first man. Anyone can hoof it over the head of the first man, they're only dangerous if they're relatively flat. That's the knack that we seem to have lost.

cibaman said:
Ric said:
It's getting so bad now that there's a collective groan where I sit when we get a corner. People are almost willing it to go out for a throw. Not sure how it's got to this, but it feels like both fans and players feel that corners are almost futile. There's virtually no expectation or belief any more that we can score from one.

Still don't understand why our deliveries are so bad. Surely being able to clear the first man and put the ball into a dangerous area from a set piece is a fairly rudimentary skill for a professional footballer. Unfathomable why it's seemingly beyond such a talented group of players.

But the aim is to only just beat the first man. Anyone can hoof it over the head of the first man, they're only dangerous if they're relatively flat. That's the knack that we seem to have lost.

It is obvious what they are trying to do and you'd accept that a fair number are going to be easy to clear at the front post because the trade off is that the ones that beat him are going to be a huge danger but we rarely cause any problems. I think we would just be better lumping it in to around the penalty spot and relying on the movement, height and power of the players in the box rather than relying on perfectly taken near post corners that nobody at the club appears to be capable of delivering.

Lancet Fluke said:
cibaman said:
Ric said:

It is obvious what they are trying to do and you'd accept that a fair number are going to be easy to clear at the front post because the trade off is that the ones that beat him are going to be a huge danger but we rarely cause any problems. I think we would just be better lumping it in to around the penalty spot and relying on the movement, height and power of the players in the box rather than relying on perfectly taken near post corners that nobody at the club appears to be capable of delivering.

What you suggest could hardly be worse, could it. It's got to the stage where we just have to change what we are doing as ANYTHING would be an improvement.

Lampard always took a good corner at Chelsea, when he's on the pitch let him take the corners. Don't let Silva ever take a corner again !

Two points stand out for me (1) the best dead ball exponent at our club is Yaya, let him take the corners (2) who actually coaches the players at set pieces in training, cos this is a shocking indictment of that person's coaching ability?

Questy said:
The film said " white men can't jump " well our whole frickin team can't jump.

Look at chelsea who are a huge danger at corner kicks, defended scoring often, then look at ours who are useless.

I thought, but then I could be wrong, that they were employed to play football not to be a high jumper? If they want (or rather you want) a high jumper go watch the Athletics, they have a stadium next to the Etihad!!

mancity dan said:
What are the odds for us to score from a corner on Saturday?

Got a feeling we will do it this weekend.

Me too, but as I understand it*, Bookies don't accept bets for goals scored from corners in order to avoid disputes on how directly was the goal scored following the corner being taken. They only take bets on things like: total corners in a match, total corners by Man City in first half, etc.

(*By no means am I saying I am right)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.