Corners

Prestwich_Blue said:
paul1894 said:
so weve gone probably around 300 corners without scoring,and cant even seem to clear the first man,so simple solution,place a man on the near post.
I assume you mean Hart's near post as our corners are more dangerous to us than to the opposition.

Haha that is funny, but sadly true!!

We should ask the rats and the dippers, they turn them every week, they're experts.

*Ahem*

Mods please can you we merge this with the original? <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=305969&start=460" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=305969&start=460</a>

I want to see how many pages we get till we score from a corner.

Dear Mr Pellegrini,

You and I will both have noticed that our corners have been nothing short of utter dirge for over a year now - I have a couple of suggestions to improve the siutaion.

1. Do not send anyone forward at all - instead, get them to go to their normal position on the pitch.
2. Get the corner taker to simply kick the ball out for a goal kick.

This will stop us wasting our players energy whilst needlessly coming 'up from the back' and reduce the risk of conceding on the counter attack.

Yours sincerely
Blue

BlueSkyBlue said:
Dear Mr Pellegrini,

You and I will both have noticed that our corners have been nothing short of utter dirge for over a year now - I have a couple of suggestions to improve the siutaion.

1. Do not send anyone forward at all - instead, get them to go to their normal position on the pitch.

This will stop us wasting our players energy whilst needlessly coming 'up from the back' and reduce the risk of conceding on the counter attack.

Yours sincerely
Blue

Alternately the corner taker could kick the ball back to our players standing in the centre circle so we can start another attack.

It's getting so bad now that there's a collective groan where I sit when we get a corner. People are almost willing it to go out for a throw. Not sure how it's got to this, but it feels like both fans and players feel that corners are almost futile. There's virtually no expectation or belief any more that we can score from one.

Still don't understand why our deliveries are so bad. Surely being able to clear the first man and put the ball into a dangerous area from a set piece is a fairly rudimentary skill for a professional footballer. Unfathomable why it's seemingly beyond such a talented group of players.

Ric said:
It's getting so bad now that there's a collective groan where I sit when we get a corner. People are almost willing it to go out for a throw. Not sure how it's got to this, but it feels like both fans and players feel that corners are almost futile. There's virtually no expectation or belief any more that we can score from one.

Still don't understand why our deliveries are so bad. Surely being able to clear the first man and put the ball into a dangerous area from a set piece is a fairly rudimentary skill for a professional footballer. Unfathomable why it's seemingly beyond such a talented group of players.
Its amazing, only a couple of seasons ago we were allegedly the best, though I was never convinced, we often scored after a corner, but rarely direct from one. I don't see how its so difficult, you can teach 10 year olds how to take a dangerous corner, and how to attack one (not to mention defending them), as you say a rudimentary skill for any footballer, not just pro's.

We just do the same thing every time, and that is the frustration, even if we varied it a bit, we'd be better.

Bluekiwi said:
BlueSkyBlue said:
Dear Mr Pellegrini,

Yours sincerely
Blue

Alternately the corner taker could kick the ball back to our players standing in the centre circle so we can start another attack.

Genius! Trumps my idea of actually beating the first man whilst crossing it in.

;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.