Corners

They had 2-3 counters from our corners and one was almost a goal. It's just shocking.

I know we laugh and joke about how bad they are but when it gets to a situation where I actually worry more about conceding than scoring, the jokes have to stop.
For a professional club the lack of care and attention is a disgrace. No creativity, no movement, just the same players in the same positions waiting for the same delivery.
They are our season in a nutshell.

Much as we can blame FFP & the Spaniard with the cheque book for our poor overall performance this season, the set piece situation is purely down to poor management band coaching.

If we're hamstrung by FFP we need to be putting so much more effort into corners, free kicks and our fuckng awful throw-Ins.

Last night Silva put two right onto the penalty spot and not a single City player was within five yards of it. They were great balls in, ideal for anyone to score against Barca (that is their one weakness), yet i honestly don't think there are any "set" plays that we do so nobody actually knows what kind of cross is going to come in at any time. I watch other sides and corners are contested very well indeed, even if a defence heads it away the attackers know exactly where a cross is coming to and contest the headers well. We are NOWHERE near these crosses.

bitsmith said:
They had 2-3 counters from our corners and one was almost a goal. It's just shocking.
Stoke and Chelsea both scored at the Etihad in the same situations this season. That means we've conceded more goals from our own corners this season than we've scored ourselves!

I used to find it a little bit funny that we are so wank at corners but it really is actually pathetic. The amount of time off between games we've had the past month or so you would think we'd be going over them all day every day.

A couple of goals from corners this season and who knows what difference it would of made

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.