Coronation Street

stonerblue said:
mr t said:
If it was a reflection of real life The Rovers would be shut with a 'Business Opportunity' sign outside.

And everyone in the pub would actually be stood outside faggin' it
Haha - they have got a bit of a smoking shelter out the back. Dierdre and Liz have been seen sitting on a couple of old crates toking away.

Haven't watched it since I was a little kid, even then I always wondered to myself - Why do people watch this? in no way is it a true reflection on real life because if it was nobody would watch it.... Their target audience are the type of people who still buy newspapers, listen to BBC Radio Two and to them everybody who wears an Hoodie is dealing drugs.
It is quite easy to serve this type of audience - provide them with simpletone television, stereotypical bullcrap that goes easy on their brain.

As mentioned reality is nobody would be in that pub, it would be closed down with silver plates on the windows.
People would be sat in their houses with the laptop doing nothing, the street would be full on both sides with stationery cars.

Shameless pokes fun at "reality" so you get fed whats really happening but can actually laugh at it, Corrie serves the simple minded folk with the daily express brainwashed drivel that they so crave.

I like watching shows that aren't reality, I mean Lost isn't reality but it isn't trying to portray a street somewhere in manchester.
Funny thing is Lost has had two characters from Manchester (Charlie the rock band dude and the Black Girl) and both of them sounded more mancunian than most if not all of the characters in corrie... Charlie is a supposed Rag I know but atleast hes from around here...

the show will be taken off screens in years to come as the blue rinse goes, the newspaper readers eventually die out and the internet generation crave something different.

Cobbled streets, shit... more like potholes that the council can't be bothered to fix.

Well i think it's wonderful .... aaa ... and Rita does too!

1z2zoly.jpg

And i reckon it's a pile of shite ... just like you are , Norris!

I'd rather put cream on me bleedin' 'farmers' than watch that crap!

296hw9.jpg

Eh , don't say that , ya fuckin' old trout , or i'll chin ya!

2a5ghee.jpg

Keep that big fackin' mouth of yours shut , Webster , ya tart ..... or i'll have that slut of a daughter of yours give me a blowjob!

27yqsl1.jpg

Oooh Phil , promises , promises ....... will it mean i get a free gin and tonic afterwards?

zjar9i.jpg

One of the biggest piles of shite on TV, Its nothing like life in Manc and apart from sad old women I can't understand how anyone can watch it, or why it's so popular.
Does anyone actually live on a St in Manchester where most folk spend every dinner time and night in the pub, and have Lancashire accents...?

Being shite also applies to ALL the other soaps and Talent/reality shows.

It used to be a good watch back in the day..

Loved that Rovers wallpaper :)

Last edited:
I know it’s not real because there isn’t a Greggs, a vape shop, a mobile shop, a fried chicken shop, a shawarma takeaway, a Muslim convenience store, and loads of other shops closed and boarded up on the high street.

I know it’s not real because there isn’t a Greggs, a vape shop, a mobile shop, a fried chicken shop, a shawarma takeaway, a Muslim convenience store, and loads of other shops closed and boarded up on the high street.
No tattoos and sportswear either. Used to love Annie Walker, so passive aggressive :)

Reactions: jrb
Dev opened a new shop in Blackburn last week.

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.