Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need it in 12 weeks though. Didn't we only really start this idea around the beginning of January? Three whole months there still takes you up to the end of March to start before you need to get to the earliest round of second doses. We've got until maybe mid March to fully go at it.
Many people in Prestwich,Whitefield& Radcliffe who are not in the top 4 have been having vaccine in last couple of weeks
I am 66 and had it today At Bealey's Hospital in Radcliffe
All staff very professional and the whole process very efficient

Last edited:
Offered seems the right stat to me for a couple of reasons

Why should governments figures be adversely impacted by people choosing not to have the vaccine? Some will refuse for 'good' reasons - like the example you give - and others for their personal reasons - but the point is that if they had accepted then they would have received the jab

Also - producing stats can become an industry and divert resources. Vaccines offered will be a very easy stat to monitor and report on. Whilst declined would also be straightforward at the top level - by its nature it then will attract further levels to break it down and identify the ages, ethnic groups, regions etc.

No - for me the purpose is to monitor and report on progress to inform decisions on next tranches etc. - resources should not be diverted just to feed people that like to analyse stats - and I mean generally - not meaning posters on here
Agree, its still taking a lot of work and resources to offer the vaccine and record they have refused.

I can also confirm people are being called twice to ensure they definitely don't want the vaccine

They need it in 12 weeks though. Didn't we only really start this idea around the beginning of January? Three whole months there still takes you up to the end of March to start before you need to get to the earliest round of second doses. We've got until maybe mid March to fully go at it.
I think it was the 28th December it was announced, as my dad was initially told his 2nd was cancelled, but then they asked him to come in, he had that on Jan 7th.

It's also "within 12 weeks", so I imagine they will try and get the second doses done once these top 4 groups are done, so it'll be mixed in with the other groups getting the first dose, we also have the teachers to be decided on as well.

I'll soon be 59 and I'm not expecting the call for a few weeks yet, I'm thinking mid March at the earliest, anything else will be a bonus.

After all this time, and hardship for many, it would be foolish to start opening up too quickly, despite what the optimists want.

Many people in Prestwich,Whitefield& Radcliffe are who are not in the top 4 have been having vaccine in last couple of weeks
I am 66 and had it today At Bealey's Hospital in Radcliffe
All staff very professional and the whole process very efficient

Ah class, happy for you! And that's dead interesting. My parents live in Stretford. Hopefully they'll be invited earlier than expected.

Ah class, happy for you! And that's dead interesting. My parents live in Stretford. Hopefully they'll be invited earlier than expected.
Cheers
lets hope so as I never expected to be asked so soon
Got text Tuesday got vaccine Thursday
Just need NHS number when booking it
The bloke in the quee behind me was 64 years of age so they seem to be getting there skates on in this area

You need to remember that some 10+ million also need their second vaccine, so let me be the first to say you are being optimistic, because that makes the total 25.5+ million.
Depends when 2nd dose is given. If it's 12 weeks apart then it could be done.

Dad in wythenshawe hospital, had a conversation with his doctor today of which I learnt something I didn’t now,
His oxygen has increased from 60% to 75%, and I asked at which % would he need ventilation. To my surprise he advised at 77 he’s way to old for ventilation and basically oxygen will increase if required to 100% and that’s that.
hadn’t heard there was age cut off for ventilation.

Offered seems the right stat to me for a couple of reasons

Why should governments figures be adversely impacted by people choosing not to have the vaccine? Some will refuse for 'good' reasons - like the example you give - and others for their personal reasons - but the point is that if they had accepted then they would have received the jab

Also - producing stats can become an industry and divert resources. Vaccines offered will be a very easy stat to monitor and report on. Whilst declined would also be straightforward at the top level - by its nature it then will attract further levels to break it down and identify the ages, ethnic groups, regions etc.

No - for me the purpose is to monitor and report on progress to inform decisions on next tranches etc. - resources should not be diverted just to feed people that like to analyse stats - and I mean generally - not meaning posters on here

I’ll offer you a million pounds. Doesn’t mean I’ve got it.
False analogy.

Anyone offered a vaccination can go and get it. Most will but a minority won't. As having the vaccine isn't compulsory all the government can do is inform people when they are eligible to have it.

There appears to be a problem with minority groups who are high risk having a far lower take up than non BAME. There's not much you can do about that in the short term but maybe over time when they see family and friends still dying of Covid and that not happening for vaccinated people they will change their minds.

A friend of my wife's is a community nurse and she has refused her offered vaccination. The reason she has done so is that in her mid 50s she has become a fanatical vegan so she won't have it because it has been tested on animals. It is completely bizarre as all the drugs she administers to her patients are also tested on animals but as things stand she can't be forced to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.