Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sort of distance do you think we can travel and get away with if questioned by the authorities? My mental health is in desperate need of a change of scenery this weekend.

Scotland data:

61 deaths - was 70 last week

895 cases - was 1155 last week

4.9% positivity - was 5.8% last week

They referred to it now being below the 5% WHO figure two days running for having control.

Patients 1794 - down 18 - was 1958 last week

Ventilated 123 - down 4 - was 144 last week

Once again all measures going down.

Scotland vaccination update:

742, 512 first doses - a new record yesterday of 48, 165 - up from 45, 085 day before

47% of all 75 - 79 year olds and 16% of all 70 - 74 year olds in Scotland now vaccinated.

What sort of distance do you think we can travel and get away with if questioned by the authorities? My mental health is in desperate need of a change of scenery this weekend.

I've no idea, but my logic is that if you're driving less than you'd do for your work commute, it'd be unfair to say it isn't local! Presuming your commute isn't ridiculous of course. Me and my missus drove 25 mins the other day for a walk, and I didn't feel guilty about it personally. It was still very much the north west and I could literally see the city centre buildings still when we were up a hill.

People have all sorts of views on this. Lots of people go straight to outrage mode.

Don't take the piss and don't go anywhere that social distancing is difficult would be my view FWIW. I would be amazed if the authorities catch up with whatever you have in mind.

So a crowded brothel in Devon is probably best avoided; a quiet spot in local countryside is absolutely fine and in between its grey, use your judgement.

Wales data:

45 deaths - was 29 last week

399 cases - was 546 last week

4.9% positivity - exactly the same as Scotland and below 5%

Deaths still high but cases falling.

However, here too the Weekly Pop today is 130 - slightly up from 127 yesterday. First rise in three weeks.

It was 177 last week.

I've no idea, but my logic is that if you're driving less than you'd do for your work commute, it'd be unfair to say it isn't local! Presuming your commute isn't ridiculous of course. Me and my missus drove 25 mins the other day for a walk, and I didn't feel guilty about it personally. It was still very much the north west and I could literally see the city centre buildings still when we were up a hill.

I figure that if we were all lumped in as one as Greater Manchester in the tier system, then I can travel within the wider greater Manchester area to partake in exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.