Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong said fucking Fred ffs.
Them, Ian ‘thick twat’ Brown, Denise off of Loose Women, all those new ‘U.K. Fox’ right wing media lot (Toby Young, Delingpole)...all cashing in on the pandemic despite proclaiming this pandemic was manufactured fir that very reason.
I’m quite ok with friends having different political views but this has really angered me.

This virus has brought out both the dead & the thick sadly.
I don’t think the political right are claiming Right Said Fred, Ian Brown, Denise of Loose Women or Piers Corbyn.

26m people in the Priority Groups i.e. up to the 50 year olds.

We've vaccinated 10.5m as of 3rd Feb close.

7 day average according to the BBC is 431k per day. There are 26m people in the high risk groups so we have 15.5 m to go.

If we vaccinate at 431k per day then that's 36 days from the 3rd Feb.

Source for current rate: bbc
Source for numbers in the priority groups: health.org.uk

You can obviously tinker with the vaccination rate to see when you think the over 50s will be done. I wont give you the date because I'll get accused of being over-optimistic.

That moment is significant because 3 weeks from that date is the logical latest date for the lockdown to end. In the medium term we have to be wary of mutation, and variant evolving but I think unless that happens really quickly we can handle that with another round of vaccinations in the Autumn.
Easter

7 day average according to the BBC is 431k per day. There are 26m people in the high risk groups so we have 15.5 m to go.

You can obviously tinker with the vaccination rate to see when you think the over 50s will be done. I wont give you the date because I'll get accused of being over-optimistic.

That moment is significant because 3 weeks from that date is the logical latest date for the lockdown to end. In the medium term we have to be wary of mutation, and variant evolving but I think unless that happens really quickly we can handle that with another round of vaccinations in the Autumn.

Starting to think my parents (59/61) will be offered to book in their jabs by the end of this month tbh! Very, very exciting.

OK if you're putting a date on it, I'll suggest we vaccinate all over 50s by the first week in March. I am assuming the vaccination rate will gradually rise to make this possible. Open the schools, 8th March then monitor the epidemic for 2-3 weeks then start lifting piecemeal.

OK if you're putting a date on it, I'll suggest we vaccinate all over 50s by the first week in March. I am assuming the vaccination rate will gradually rise to make this possible. Open the schools, 8th March then monitor the epidemic for 2-3 weeks then start lifting piecemeal.

Blimey. Are there any signs that we will substantially up the vaccination rate any time soon? Cos surely that's needed.

You need to remember that some 10+ million also need their second vaccine, so let me be the first to say you are being optimistic, because that makes the total 25.5+ million.

I didn’t comment, but I think you’d just been missing the point.

People were just stating that by using the term ”offered” it meant that there might still be a proportion of the over 80’s who choose not to have the vaccine, might be BAME over 80”s for example who don’t feel safe. Is that the government’s fault if they are offered a jab but refuse?
Offered seems the right stat to me for a couple of reasons

Why should governments figures be adversely impacted by people choosing not to have the vaccine? Some will refuse for 'good' reasons - like the example you give - and others for their personal reasons - but the point is that if they had accepted then they would have received the jab

Also - producing stats can become an industry and divert resources. Vaccines offered will be a very easy stat to monitor and report on. Whilst declined would also be straightforward at the top level - by its nature it then will attract further levels to break it down and identify the ages, ethnic groups, regions etc.

No - for me the purpose is to monitor and report on progress to inform decisions on next tranches etc. - resources should not be diverted just to feed people that like to analyse stats - and I mean generally - not meaning posters on here

You need to remember that some 10+ million also need their second vaccine, so let me be the first to say you are being optimistic, because that makes the total 25.5+ million.

They need it in 12 weeks though. Didn't we only really start this idea around the beginning of January? Three whole months there still takes you up to the end of March to start before you need to get to the earliest round of second doses. We've got until maybe mid March to fully go at it.

Blimey. Are there any signs that we will substantially up the vaccination rate any time soon? Cos surely that's needed.
I think lockdown fatigue will increase rather rapidly once we hit that mid-Feb target of 15mil, hence why we just have to keep the vaccination pace up as once we hit March people will have just had enough. They will have to start opening things up at that point.

Offered seems the right stat to me for a couple of reasons

Why should governments figures be adversely impacted by people choosing not to have the vaccine? Some will refuse for 'good' reasons - like the example you give - and others for their personal reasons - but the point is that if they had accepted then they would have received the jab

Also - producing stats can become an industry and divert resources. Vaccines offered will be a very easy stat to monitor and report on. Whilst declined would also be straightforward at the top level - by its nature it then will attract further levels to break it down and identify the ages, ethnic groups, regions etc.

No - for me the purpose is to monitor and report on progress to inform decisions on next tranches etc. - resources should not be diverted just to feed people that like to analyse stats - and I mean generally - not meaning posters on here
I’ll offer you a million pounds. Doesn’t mean I’ve got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.