Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, but it's what they've done all along, "can we go a bit quicker PM", whether it's locking down or opening up, it's quite pathetic, and that Peston fella really gets on my nerves.
Peston needs new batteries so he can ask his question at normal speed instead of taking twiiiice as loooong as now.

Most people probably forget what he is asking by the time he gets around to finishing asking it.

I guess its his thing.

I know regulars will have read this before, so sorry to repeat myself
Shielding, my letter said I shield till the 21st feb.
I heard the government say shielding will now end on the 31st march, but as I havent received a letter, or email etc does that include me ?
I have been on the government website and cant find anything about when shielding is due to finish. The website tells you about everything apart from the ending date or if you carry on shielding. It's not clear or I am just thick
I am staying of work because I am not sure what to do but dont want to put myself at risk by going back if I shouldn't be back.

I know some on here have had emails about the extension date I havent heard a thing .

What have others done? Have you gone back to work or are you staying off ? Or have you all got letters, emails etc ?

Was thinking as my letter said shielding ends on the 21st feb and I haven't anything I should be back at work ?! But I am sure I heard on the news that shielding has been extended till the end of March.

Confused again :-(

Sorry to keep asking but I hate to be doing something wrong , if I should be back at work I should be back at work , if I should be shielding I should be shielding ! I have tried a few times phoning my docs but he never gets back , and the lady on the phone thinks it was the hospital that put me on the shielding list ..
I got a Email no letter yet, my Mum got a letter no Email, have you checked your junk mail?

I know regulars will have read this before, so sorry to repeat myself
Shielding, my letter said I shield till the 21st feb.
I heard the government say shielding will now end on the 31st march, but as I havent received a letter, or email etc does that include me ?
I have been on the government website and cant find anything about when shielding is due to finish. The website tells you about everything apart from the ending date or if you carry on shielding. It's not clear or I am just thick
I am staying of work because I am not sure what to do but dont want to put myself at risk by going back if I shouldn't be back.

I know some on here have had emails about the extension date I havent heard a thing .

What have others done? Have you gone back to work or are you staying off ? Or have you all got letters, emails etc ?

Was thinking as my letter said shielding ends on the 21st feb and I haven't anything I should be back at work ?! But I am sure I heard on the news that shielding has been extended till the end of March.

Confused again :-(

Sorry to keep asking but I hate to be doing something wrong , if I should be back at work I should be back at work , if I should be shielding I should be shielding ! I have tried a few times phoning my docs but he never gets back , and the lady on the phone thinks it was the hospital that put me on the shielding list ..
I have had another letter mate, telling me to shield till the 31st of March.
If you have been told to shield previously, I would expect you should continue to do so.

Just called round and had a chat through an open window, he's comfortable but even though he's had the virus for nearly two weeks his cough is causing a lot of discomfort, he's also quite weak after today's episode.

I've tried to link Tolmie in on this but can't do so for some reason, he mentioned a drug that helps with the coughing, if Tolmie reads this or if anyone can remember what's it's called please let me know, cheers.

Here you go again pal. Your neighbour and his stats/symptoms are pretty much the same as mine.

I hope they get better soon.

You can buy it over counter as strong Pholcodine Linctus. Mine was made by Bell's Healthcare.

It might leave your neighbour a little spaced out but it defo helps the urge to cough.

Btw you will see now why I made a big thing in here two or three weeks ago when Nicola Sturgeon briefed us on the reduction in vaccinations and the reason and she was attacked here for trying to get one up on Boris.

As I said then and several times since I posted this only because doing so was being open and informing us of the problem ahead of time and that it would be temporary but would see a loss of about a third of the normal supply for a couple of weeks only hopefully.

The British public deserved that information and explanation and the media needed to calmly explain it and it did not need to become a political football because it was not about politics at all. But facts about the most critical aspect of our pandemic escape plan right now.

However, the number in here alone who have had to pose the question in past few days shows that politicians and journalists failed to convey that information properly.

So I am happy that this was made clear by Nicola Sturgeon regardless of motives as it meant regular readers of this thread were aware of something much of the country seems not to have otherwise been told clearly enough to register.

Nicola said just a few days ago there is still no clarity from Pfizer when supplies will be back to normal but we fortunately have good supply of the AZ vaccine so things do not fall too far behind. And they are still hopeful of making their planned deadlines.

My partner's 3 kids go back to school 8/3. All in high school. They've all grown since last time they were in, which means X3 lot's of uniform. Fortunately we are able to afford this, but many can't. Already seen posts from parents stressing about this outlay, with just 3 months left in school when half term and Easter taken into account. Then another outlay a few months later.
Would it be an idea that schools have their own rules on pupils being able to wear what they want (within reason of course)?

Might be worth tweeting Marcus Rashford on this issue mate?

It is genuinely worth highlighting. My lad has outgrown his size eight black school shoes in last three months.

Wales data:

4 deaths - was 8 last week

317 cases - was 275 last week

5.0% positivity - was 5.1% last week

Weekly Pop Score 79 - down from 80 - was 88 last week

As you see with GM Pop Scores - nowhere near as low as this - even the best Trafford is at 135 and the worst Bolton at 229 - as of yesterday - once you get slow like all numbers it is harder to fall.

As you see with the Wales cases - up 42 on last week but more tests carried out means positivity fell slightly.

Some pushing the idea that vaccination of older and vulnerable people is a reason to move faster...
But hospitals are reporting that their Covid patients now are younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.