Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaccinations in the last week ending Sunday 21st were the lowest since the first full week they started publishing the data. Every other week the numbers had increased, are the supplies not getting through?
Pfizer supplies reduced whilst they repurposed a Belgian factory I believe. At any rate UK politicians were warning that the supplies would fall temporarily. I have read that it will ramp back up again but whether they know that the refitting is complete I don't know. I think they have to set up bioreactors and these are complex and one of the reasons why Astrazeneca had problems with their supply to Europe was because their yield from their European factory(s) was lower than that which they had managed to optimise in the UK.

I know regulars will have read this before, so sorry to repeat myself
Shielding, my letter said I shield till the 21st feb.
I heard the government say shielding will now end on the 31st march, but as I havent received a letter, or email etc does that include me ?
I have been on the government website and cant find anything about when shielding is due to finish. The website tells you about everything apart from the ending date or if you carry on shielding. It's not clear or I am just thick
I am staying of work because I am not sure what to do but dont want to put myself at risk by going back if I shouldn't be back.

I know some on here have had emails about the extension date I havent heard a thing .

What have others done? Have you gone back to work or are you staying off ? Or have you all got letters, emails etc ?

Was thinking as my letter said shielding ends on the 21st feb and I haven't anything I should be back at work ?! But I am sure I heard on the news that shielding has been extended till the end of March.

Confused again :-(

Sorry to keep asking but I hate to be doing something wrong , if I should be back at work I should be back at work , if I should be shielding I should be shielding ! I have tried a few times phoning my docs but he never gets back , and the lady on the phone thinks it was the hospital that put me on the shielding list ..

Last edited:
My partner's 3 kids go back to school 8/3. All in high school. They've all grown since last time they were in, which means X3 lot's of uniform. Fortunately we are able to afford this, but many can't. Already seen posts from parents stressing about this outlay, with just 3 months left in school when half term and Easter taken into account. Then another outlay a few months later.
Would it be an idea that schools have their own rules on pupils being able to wear what they want (within reason of course)?

My partner's 3 kids go back to school 8/3. All in high school. They've all grown since last time they were in, which means X3 lot's of uniform. Fortunately we are able to afford this, but many can't. Already seen posts from parents stressing about this outlay, with just 3 months left in school when half term and Easter taken into account. Then another outlay a few months later.
Would it be an idea that schools have their own rules on pupils being able to wear what they want (within reason of course)?

Is it law that they have to wear a school uniform ? Common sense would say wait till the new school year

Is it law that they have to wear a school uniform ? Common sense would say wait till the new school year
Not sure if it's law, but knowing how these places are I can't see them budging on it. Take away the obvious problem of cost, availability will be an issue too I would think.

I sympathise with the expense of uniforms but in or out if school they'd have grown out of them.

If unworn or in good nick can you not use social media to sell second hand to parents of kids the year below?

Would they not have grown out of the uniforms anyway?

I sympathise with the expense of uniforms but in or out if school they'd have grown out of them.

If unworn or in good nick can you not use social media to sell second hand to parents of kids the year below?
But you replace things gradually don't you in that case. The point is that many did buy new stuff, and not just uniform - PE kit too etc, and then didn't get to use it. Some will have to replace everything, and it is an absolute fortune. I just think that for the rest of this academic year it would help many if they agreed that pupils can wear casual wear and then start a fresh in September, all being well. My kids are in their late teens/early 20's so it's a while since i've bought uniform. The cost of it now! And it all has to be logo'd with the schools badge, no cheap white t-shirts for PE.

I’ve just had a text through to go for my vaccination at the Etihad. When booking, there were times available for today and for the next few weeks, so hopefully all these slots fill up. I am early 40’s with an underlying health condition and I have been WFH for nearly 12 months now. We’ve hardly been out in all that time, and we take the most strict precautions with anything coming into the house. The shopping gets delivered and quarantined in the garage for a few days before being wiped down with antiviral wipes and the post goes on a radiator for few days before opening. I dread to think what I’ll be like when it’s time for re-entry into the outside world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.