Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wales data:

6 deaths - was 2 last week

82 cases - was 188 last week

1.0% positivity - was 1.3% last week

Really starting to look like this case fall is real not just Easter reporting related as was always a possibility.

The positivity level is not going up anywhere really.

The death increases in Wales today and England yesterday are likely part backlog from the holiday period lack of reporting for 2 extra days.

Indeed the numbers who died in the 8 days Thursday to Thursday before Easter was 28. The number in the 8 days just gone that include the Easter weekend is just 20.

Wales vaccination data:

1, 519, 750 first doses - 17. 109 today - was 9449 yesterday & 16, 702 last week

484, 739 second doses given - 9169 today - was 6319 yesterday & 11, 601 last week

Big improvement on yesterday and not far off last week.

exactly, if 3 months to show this vaccine doesn't work for youngsters then where's the guarantee Moderna or Johnson & Johnson, so it's another 3-6 months waiting before we can commit to it.
I’ve noticed lately you only post negative stuff on this thread, it’s like you get off on trying to discourage people taking any sort of vaccine if you don’t want to take it don’t, but stop trying to scare the fucking life out of everyone else who does

Interesting data on testing from the ONS today, 53% of those presenting positive tests in March had no symptoms.

Why they were tested in the first place though I'm not quite sure....
Random testing (pillar 4) to calculate the current number of infections - they've been doing it since May in England, August in Wales and September in Scotland and NI.

Now what are those stats for under 30s only?

I think the numbers are too small to say for sure, but expert I heard on the radio this morning said there's no evidence of any change in risk below 60.

ie most cases are U60s, but everyone U60 at similar risk as far as can be judged.

I’ve noticed lately you only post negative stuff on this thread, it’s like you get off on trying to discourage people taking any sort of vaccine if you don’t want to take it don’t, but stop trying to scare the fucking life out of everyone else who does
only reflecting the sentiment, it's a big life choice for young people with effects that may live with you for 50-60 years, so prudence is much more prevalent, especially when faced with the very public issues that have arisen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.