Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ONS data on location and number of deaths from Covid up to 26 March. England and Wales only.

95, 132 in hospital (in that last week in late March - 492)

31, 814 in care homes (in that last week in late March - 128)

7647 at home (in that last week in late March - 71)

2037 in hospices (in that last week in late March - 18)

There were 992 over the pandemic in other settings (eg outside or in a shop) - in that last week in late March - 10.

Long Covid might live people for a long time too.
It will. Which is why the quicker they get to the bottom of these issues and they're resolved the better for everyone. I've only been offering my perspective from conversations I've had with my peers, doesn't reflect everyone or even the majority in my age group but it's certainly enough of a sentiment and I don't see why I can't share it. It's not telling anyone not to take a vaccine because if they want one, they should. I'm only offering an explanation as to why some people will inevitably end up delaying until they have more confidence as it's taken a dent.

Btw my medical advice I have had on the AZ second jab is that they believe the risks with jab two are significantly lower even than the first if you had no major reaction to the first one when the immune system is first primed not just boosted.

So they only think if you had a severe long lasting headache or other severe symptoms like blurred vision or long lasting bruising in the 2 or 3 weeks after the first jab to mention this to your GP if you have not done so and are due another dose of AZ soon.

I have no idea but under 30’s are being offered alternative.
Their risk from Covid is so much lower hence why they are looking to change the vaccine.
Sadly only the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines have been tested to a sufficient level to prove that rare side effects won't happen.

Last edited:
Their risk from Covid is so much lower hence why they are looking to change the vaccine.
Sadly only the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines have been tested to a sufficient level to prove that rate side effects won't happen.
Everything in life comes with risk. We do what we do usually unthinking of that.

They are just setting out the balance of risk here. That is all.

It is VERY rare for all age groups but the younger you are the MUCH lower is your risk from Covid. That 53% testing positive data with zero symptoms shows that to most younger people Covid can much of the time be barely noticeable.

Whereas the older you are the far more risky and severe it gets because it triggers other latent problems caused by ageing.

So it is perfectly sensible for those where the likelihood that even if they get covid it will probably be brushed off not to take an unnecessary risk whereas the older you get the more that tips the exact opposite direction.

Just like when you are 20 you might well think jumping off a cliff in a hanglider is a great idea as your body can cope with a few bumps. Whereas the older you are the risk any bump will be more serious will likely make you think twice and balance the risk/benefit equation.

We all do it every day when crossing the road. At 20 we think if a car is coming and you are in a hurry - I can get over in time as I am fast and will not fall. And if you are 70 you think - um no - I will wait 2 minutes instead of hoping I do not stumble.

Zoe App update:

Predicted case up for first time in a few days - by 48 to 1970. It was double (3805) last Thursday.

The number of symptomatic cases has plummeted once again by 2486 in the day to 44, 736. It was 64, 574 last Thursday - so another massive week to week drop.

North East & Yorkshire have taken over top spot in the UK predicted cases total on 40 - 161

Scotland down to second on 0 - 137

These are the only two 'red' areas.

London on 13 - 63 and North West on 11 - 75 are the only two areas in the pink zones.

All the other regions are back in the lowest white zone.

South East (12 - 46) , Wales (0-68). South West (7 - 51). East (5 - 47), Midlands - big fall here - (3 - 61) and Northern Ireland (0 - 401)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.